Skip to content

Ability to turn on edge scroll in windowed mode?

AcruxAcrux Member Posts: 11
Is there a way to turn on edge scrolling for EE games (specifically, BG2:EE, in this case) in windowed mode? I know that the arrow keys will scroll, but it's not especially convenient since those keys and the mouse are both on the right side -- especially unfair for us lefties!

Also, I'm aware that double-click on a move spot will will jump the screen, but that's not optimal for simply getting a view of the area.

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    @Acrux

I don't know about edge scrolling (doesn't seem to work on my laptop, but I think it works on my desktop), but I just found out in another thread that you can pan around the game screen by moving the mouse while holding down the middle mouse button. You might find that helpful.
  • sebolonosebolono Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2015
    Window-mode edge scrolling used to work for me on BGEE and BG2EE.

It was a bit annoying, since the cursor had to be contained within the game's window area. But it was usable through a small autohotkey script.

It doesn't work on either game anymore. Doesn't work on IWDEE neither.

What's the deal?
    Post edited by sebolono on
  • joeblowjoeblow Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2016
    Wilbur said:

@Acrux

I don't know about edge scrolling (doesn't seem to work on my laptop, but I think it works on my desktop), but I just found out in another thread that you can pan around the game screen by moving the mouse while holding down the middle mouse button. You might find that helpful.

That's a band-aid I can live with since edge scrolling is disabled in windowed mode for me too.

For the record, I use windowed mode because of the terrible tearing I get in full screen mode. No v-sync / triple buffering tricks have worked and windowed mode has, but now edge scrolling with the mouse is disabled.

While in windowed mode, I use a borderless windows program I found in this other thread to look like full screen, and now I know to use the mid mouse button to scroll ahead. Thanks again. I wish Beamdog allowed us to choose if we want edge scrolling in windowed mode or not.