Skip to content

HELP! Mod Install Order

carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
Hello, I need help, I'm trying to mod BGEE BGIIEE and IWDEE, when I was a wee little happy geek I played the originals but didn't know about mods. Now that I bought the Enhanced Editions, I wish to play the mods but every time I try a new install order I get an error. Please help me! I'm going to list the mods I've downloaded with their forum link and tell me if they're the same you have, then what order did you used; or if not then what order of installation you recommend.

BGEE:
-Battle Enhancer Mod
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19856/bg-ee-charan-s-harsh-faerun-mod-ver-1-0-released/p1
-Sword Coast Stratagems
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23453/sword-coast-stratagems-is-now-available-for-bg-ee-and-bgii-ee/p1
-Neera Expansion
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10145/mod-neera-dialogue-expansion-and-flirts/p1
-Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13451/mod-deidre-and-joluv-in-bgee/p1
-More Style for Mages
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-major-update/p1
-TeamBG's Armor Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13314/mod-teambgs-armor-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-TeamBG's Weapon Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14154/mod-teambgs-weapon-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-PackMule
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17046/mod-w_packmule-for-bgee/p1
-Teleport Spell
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29872/teleport-spell-mod/p1
-Dark Horizons
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18833/bg-ee-dark-horizons-released/p1
-Drizzt Saga
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29969/drizzt-saga-v3-released-now-bgee-compatible/p1
-IWDification
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19962/g3-announces-iwdification-beta-1-available/p1
-Baldur's Gate Mini Quests & Encounters
www.gibberlings3.net/bgqe/index.php
-Baldur's Gate Romantic Encounters
www.gibberlings3.net/bg_romanticencounters/
-The Lure of the Sirine's Call
forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17901.0.html?PHPSESSID=3c8d7ffea2eff99b29c8d016fd874966
-T'was a Slow Boat from Kara-Tur
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15959/mod-twas-a-slow-boat-from-kara-tur-queststorenew-items-release-90/p1
-Scales of Balance
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33657/scales-of-balance-kit-rev-and-tweak-mod/p1
-aTweaks
www.shsforums.net/files/category/99-atweaks/
-BG2 Tweak Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19867/baldur-s-gate-ii-tweak-pack-v12-available-for-download
-Charan's Max Hit Points Rolls
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19871/bg-ee-charan-s-max-hit-points-rolls-for-leveled-companions-ver-0-9/p1
-Difficulty and Tweak
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19928/release-difficulty-and-tweak-mod-ver-6/p1
-Leveled Spawns Mod
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/34840/bgee-leveled-spawns-mod-v0-3-updated-2014-12-27/p1
-Revised World Map
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16446/revised-world-map-test/p1
-TeamBG's Level 40 Rule Set/High Level Abilities
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10900/xp-mod-teambgs-level-40-rule-sethigh-level-abilities/p1
-BP Series Party AI
www.shsforums.net/files/file/1025-bp-series-party-ai-for-bg/

BGIIEE:
-More Style for Mages
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/18108/item-mod-more-style-for-mages-ranged-wizard-s-staffs-circlets-robe-visual-tweaks-major-update/p1
-TeamBG's Armor Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13314/mod-teambgs-armor-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-TeamBG's Weapon Pack
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14154/mod-teambgs-weapon-pack-for-bgee-bgt-tutu/p1
-PackMule
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17046/mod-w_packmule-for-bgee/p1
-IWDification
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/19962/g3-announces-iwdification-beta-1-available/p1
-Scales of Balance
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33657/scales-of-balance-kit-rev-and-tweak-mod/p1
-Tales of the Deep Gardens
www.shsforums.net/files/file/820-tales-of-the-deep-gardens-v100/
-Dungeon Crawl
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=168&Itemid=117
-Assassinations
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=177&Itemid=121
-Back to Brynnlaw
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=186&Itemid=125
-The Sellswords
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=183&Itemid=126
-I Shall Never Forget
www.shsforums.net/files/file/1004-i-shall-never-forget-v42/
-Adalon's Blood
https://kerzenburg.baldurs-gate.eu/downloads.php?id=63
-CoM Encounters
www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=22.0
-Vampire Tales
www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=92.0
-Banter Packs
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=95&Itemid=78
-IEP Extended Banters
www.shsforums.net/files/file/558-iep-extended-banters/
-Unfinished Business
www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=101&Itemid=80
-Almateria's Restoration Project
www.shsforums.net/topic/56026-almaterias-restoration-project/
-The Wheels of Prophecy
www.gibberlings3.net/wheels/
-Romantic Encounters
www.gibberlings3.net/romanticencounters/
-The Gibberlings 3 Anniversary Mod
www.gibberlings3.net/g3a/
-BG2 Tweak Pack
-Sword Coast Stratagems
-aTweaks
-BP Series Party AI

IWDEE:
-More Style for Mages
-Scales of Balance
-No Restrictions
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37479/no-restrictions
-House Rules for IWD:EE
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37290/house-rules-for-iwd-ee-iwdee-tweaks
-aTweaks
-BG2 Tweak Pack
-IWD NPC v5 for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,29278.0.html
-Minor NPC Portraits for IWDEE
forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37001/mod-minor-npc-portraits-for-iwdee/p1

I'm open to other suggestions as well, if I need to delete some mods of the list or anything else, please HELP!

Comments

• BanArdBanArd Member Posts: 60
    I've always used the install order below and neved had a problem:

1. Non-WeiDU mods (GUI/Cosmetic Changes)
    2. Item/Store mods
    3. Quest mods (Unfinished Business)
    4. Banter/Friendship mods for existing NPCs (BG1NPC)
    5. New NPCs
    6. Kit/Spell mods
    7. Tweak/AI mods (BG2 Tweaks > Rogue Rebalancing > Erg Npcs > SCS > BPSeries > aTweaks)
  • carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks, I'll have to see where each one falls on those categories an try that
  • Tomato9999Tomato9999 Member Posts: 30
    edited January 2015
    I painfully spent several days trying to figure out what works for me as well. But smth along the lines of the above post should work. When I installed mine I used BigWorldProject PDF which basically tells you the order of all mods and all the incompatabilities. Like it tells you that for some mods in WEIOU you have to disable certain things otherwise it will be incompatible. Find that pdf and install mods in the order it tells you and youre set. should be somewhere on this site http://www.shsforums.net/topic/44661-big-world-project-bwp-v90/

Note that the most important when it comes to order of mods, is at the last stage when youre installing tweaks and stuff. And rogue rebalancing should be done AFTER SCS

Also, regarding above post, I think you should first install all quests and stuff and then NPC's and only then items/stores. At least thats what some pro-advise I got which I cant link right now because I forgot where I got this from

but anyways as I said, again, the only real place you could go wrong is all the tweaks and stuff at the last stage. As I understand, each tweak takes precendence over the previous tweak, and some tweaks are completely incompatible with another tweak while some are meant to exist with another tweak

• The user and all related content has been deleted.