Skip to content

Xzar is crazy

*waits for the insightfuls*

i think he's crazier than tiax. some of his comments (and the voice acting of them) are quite creepy. dragons with rabbits feet? taking elves' eyes for the infravision? the hannibal quote? teaching my grandmother to suck eggs?!

even "tell me about the rabbits" creeps me out. he's great! let's end on a joke: i loaded a minor sequencer with horror and glitterdust, blind panic ensued.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I hadn't noticed :O
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    Some people would think he has no grasp on reality, I however believe he has a very firm grasp on reality, it's just a reality none of us are familiar with

+10 cookies if you can figure out where that quote came from.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    Sometimes I wonder if they told Frank Welker to just start spouting pop culture phrases and the ones they really liked ended up being most of Xzar's ramblings. I mean, you've got the passive, sinister xzar voice, and then a bunch of memes of various ages.
  • avocadoavocado Member Posts: 24
    I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    "Those the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad, MAD, MAAAAAD!"

Also there you go:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrfyOESMFMY
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Mwahhahahhahahhahhah a thread about madness!
    Oh look! A DRAGON WITH FEET LIKE RABBIT!!!!
    The SUUUUUUN, tis just TOOOO bright!!!

Soon TYRION WILL RULE ALL!!!
  • domeplsffsdomeplsffs Member Posts: 36
    Stop TOUCHING ME! 0.0 But yes, he's most likely off his rockers. 'most likely'
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Crazy? NO

Special needs? Most defenitely =)
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yet he has amazing brain power, 17 int and 16 wisdom, if I am not mistaken he is the best npc in total 'brains' department. (edwin has better int but sucky wis)
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Xzar only pretends to be insane to keep his enemies off guard.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Belanos said:

I like one of Jahiera's comments to him:

"You're rather amusing, in a what the hell is wrong with you kind of way."

Oh, I'm sure she says that to every psychopath.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    I always thought Xzar put a lot of that on. I mean he's got an Intelligence of 17 and a wisdom of 16, not exactly the stats of a raving lunatic.

You don't take the fool seriously; you laugh at his threats, mock his pathetic plots. Then, out of nowhere, you're on trial for the death of young woman and he's somehow fabulously wealthy.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    while making my soundset mods and going through Xzar's voicefiles, it became extremely tough to make a somewhat generic soundset for Xzar. His lines are just so out there and screaming or talking in other voices. It's odd.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    demented said:

I always thought Xzar put a lot of that on. I mean he's got an Intelligence of 17 and a wisdom of 16, not exactly the stats of a raving lunatic.

Intelligence and Wisdom has very little to do with insanity. Psychopaths are clinically insane but many of them are highly intelligent. And some are wise enough to elude detection and capture for many years.

• batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited January 2015
    ''I wanted infravision like the elves, but tis' more than just taking their eyes''

Wonderful little insane bugger... I wish they brought him into BG2 as companion. Imagine the fun banter between him Edwin and Korgan.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    "Tell us a story, something with bears and gold."

I didn't even know what he was saying was until I looked it up.

I thought he was saying something about bears and goats.