Skip to content

Many cases of unwarranted hostility (Minor unrelated mod)

Oi,

on my current hardcore/no-reload/no metagaming playthrough I repeatedly ran into situations where people turn hostile for no reason at all, for minor reasons, or where an immortal hostile creature remains.

I am not using any mod beside a miniscule modification I made to add Baeloth from BG1 into Irenicus' Dungeon + related poem to the crazy gnome/halfling at the docks.

Rejiek Hidesman - Turned into an immortal hostile following my party around, after my party attacked him while he tries to escape to the cellar below his shop. It took roughly 4 later visits to the Bridge district and an ingame week for him to suddenly take 2 Damage and die.

The scamming woman + girl in Temple District (Miranda + Lanie) - After coming up from the sewers just after finishing the quest to rescue Haer'Dalis, both the woman and the girl were hostile, standing right beside the sewer exit => more hostiles and reputation losses chains up.

Dopeheads/Smokers/Cook in Copper Coronet - After freeing Hendak, the cook in the backroom, and the stoned guests in that hidden "shisha corner" turned hostile => more hostiles and reputation losses chains up.

Philosopher in Trademeet - When the asshat philosopher in Trademeet ordered his guard to attack the pacifist philosopher, I saved the pacifist by casting Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on him, which I found most logical, but he found it reason enough to drop his pacifism and go hostile on me. O.R.S. seems offensive despite having a white icon.

That should be all for now, might add more.

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,872
    It would be really useful if you could attach two saves for the next one, so this can be investigated.
    - One before they go hostile, e.g. the previous quicksave or autosave.
    - One after they have gone hostile and you reach a point where you can save.

Are you in single player mode, or loading from multiplayer.
    Thanks
  • CharlatanCharlatan Member Posts: 25
    Whops. I'm kinda past those encounters already, and being a no-reload challenge I haven't kept any previous saves.

Should it appear again, I will provide both savegames.
  • domeplsffsdomeplsffs Member Posts: 36
    Sorry for the necro, but : Philosopher in Trademeet - When the asshat philosopher in Trademeet ordered his guard to attack the pacifist philosopher, I saved the pacifist by casting Otiluke's Resilient Sphere on him, which I found most logical, but he found it reason enough to drop his pacifism and go hostile on me. O.R.S. seems offensive despite having a white icon. <--- that just made me spill my coffee - TYVM for sharing <XD