Skip to content

Stutter when scrolling

My game stutters pretty damn bad when scrolling aroun,d both with mouse and with arrows. Ive tried disabling hardware mouse, playing around with Nivida control panel and INi settings, but to no avail.
The stutter manifests itselfs in mostly very little and sometimes very big noticable jumps in the gameplay.
What to do?

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    This may be a no-brainer but do you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed? If not that's worth a shot.
  • Renatar567Renatar567 Member Posts: 5
    Yeah I do. I have a feeling newer software/drivers won't help me, compatability software will.

I didn't really find too much trying to google this, but you could try turning off DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration to see if that has any effect.
    Thanks for the tip. How would I go about that?
    @Renatar567‌

If you have Windows 7 you should find the Hardware acceleration slider in Change display settings / Screen resolution -> Advanced Settings -> it's either on the troubleshooting or performance tab. Just click 'Change settings' button and you should see the slider. Move the slider to the left until it says DirectDraw and Direct3D acceleration are turned off.
    It wont allow me to click it, it's greyed out.
    edited January 2015
    @Renatar567

Here (source is the link below) are instructions that I tested successfully on my machine that also uses Nvidia. I can't seem to change the setting either the way I thought it would work. Basically you need to download DirectX control panel. The link on that page lets you download older Directx 9 control panel, but it did work on my PC just fine. You can download a newer one if you want. Run directx.cpl as administrator and unselect 'Allow hardware acceleration' from Direct3d tab and 'Use hardware acceleration' from DirectDraw tab. If you run dxdiag.exe you should see the effect in Display tab.

Don't forget to turn them back on afterwards or you will see a drop of performance in other games even if it will work better with EEs.

http://superuser.com/questions/495303/how-do-i-disable-directdraw-and-direct3d-acceleration-on-windows-8
    Thanks for the reply. It doesnt work however. I noticed that the effect seems similar to stutter and jumps I experience when I click the middle mouse button and scroll down an internet page. No idea whats the deal with that.
    Could it be a performance issue? The game is pretty laggy on my Intel Core i5 laptop which does only have Intel integrated graphics card though.