Skip to content

[Mac OS] Baldur's Gate 2 EE very slow

Please help.

I'm running Baldur's Gate 2 EE on an iMac running OS 10.7.5, and it's REALLY slow. For example, in the bridge district I ran into 4 muggers, that battle alone took about 15 minutes.

Any ideas what I can do to improve the speed?

Comments

• EagleSanEagleSan Member Posts: 4
    come on, NOBODY has any help or ideas?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    @EagleSan‌
    Some general thoughts, hard to say more without additional information such as which store you purchased from and what version of the game you have (e.g. Apple Store doesn't have the latest patch yet).

Does the game progressively slow down, and closing/restarting speeds it up again.
    Is the slowdown mainly around combat or graphics-intensive activity, or constant.
    Have you tried running in windowed mode to see if that makes any difference.
    What are the specs of your iMac (I'm not familar with them but looks like there are model years e.g. 2009-2013), if you state what you have other people with similar might be able to advise what their experiences have been.
    Thanks
    Thanks Gate70

1) I downloaded it from the beamdog website. It is version 1.2.0. I contacted them about it, they were no help and said to try the forum, thus why I'm here.

2) Since I first opened it, it has been consistently slow. Remember the opening scene where before Iomen lets you out? That is the slowest thing, might as well read a book or go do something else while it loads up.

3) I have tried full screen, and in a smaller window, there is no difference.

4) iMac specs:
    Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac5,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 1.83 GHz
    Number of Processors: 1
    Total Number of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 2 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 667 MHz
    Boot ROM Version: IM52.0090.B09
    SMC Version (system): 1.6f0
    Serial Number (system): QP8250432JW
    Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E34A8C95
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Try running the launcher and updating to 1.3, but you might continue to have issues due to the really minimal amount of video memory (64Mb) on the GMA950.

Another thing you can try is setting your screen resolution to 1024x768, or using windowed mode with it closed down to that size or smaller.
    ok thanks