Skip to content

Cant pickpocket Geinie in Hell Trial

Heya. I'm finding that I suddenly cannot pickpocket Bhaal tears from the genie in the Hell trial. I'm obviously trying to do this so that I can sneakily get Blackrazor without becoming evil. I was wondering whether this is a change to the Enhanced version, or is there a mod that may be responsible for this?

Also, Im noticing some items in weird locations now. Like, I now get Sarevok's sword from the cambion demon in Irenicus's dungeon rather than the genie. Weird, is this a bug?

Comments

• GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Sarevok's sword from the Cambion was a change in the 1.3 patch, allowing the genie to give you an item you did carry over from BG1, or the most useful of the possible imported items for your PC.

No idea about the hell trial though - still waiting for 1.3 to land on my platform.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Bhaal's Tear: Going to guess that this was an intended bug-fix. The original game had a plethora of illogical or quest-breaking pickpocket scenarios (Rielev's life support, duplicate items, Neb's HEAD) and I know that the patch changed at least most of those.

Sword of Chaos: Maybe this is due to the BG1 item import feature to ensure you get the sword anyway (since your imported item replaces it)? I dunno, haven't played patch 1.3 yet.
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2015
    The new item placement, as I discovered reading the patch notes, mentions what and why items were re-located. Be warned, the patch notes hold significant spoilers so if you would rather be surprised read only ones pertinent to your predicament. Actually some of the re=placements make sense, Sarevok's sword for example, ( they are still in-game) others to make things fresh.
    The pick-pocketing feature I have no idea but I personally would consider it a rectified over site regardless.

m2c

btw - though obviously you know what Blackrazor can do, you also know it is the definition of OP so not making it available without doing what is expected or just clua console 'miscbc' for those who want to play around with it makes sense to me.
    Post edited by Sharguild on
  • SharguildSharguild Member Posts: 186
    I believe Artemius-I nailed it about the sword. There are different threads on this regarding import of items placement. Though I have not done it, I understand you can even import the Claw of Kazgoroth now which will OP folks beyond measure in early game, imho ( I'd be interested in knowing where they place that goodie though, if you do carry it over, heh heh).
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    You could always import the Claw of Kazgaroth, even in the original, it replaces the Helm of Balduran - choose wisely!
  • CrazedSlayerCrazedSlayer Member Posts: 130
    Thanks for the responses. Good to know the weird item changes are because of the updated version.

Its a shame that I cant pickpocket Bhaal Tears anymore, I was hoping they would overlook that.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    Pickpocketing the tear is the most evil route of that trial. If you steal the tear, the genie isn't freed.
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302

Pickpocketing the tear is the most evil route of that trial. If you steal the tear, the genie isn't freed.

doesn't matter stayed good
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Tried killing the genie right after choosing the good path? I mean, after he thanks you and before he has the chance to disappear? :)

I've heard it works, don't know how it is with the new patch though.