Skip to content

Game Crashes at launch - Error Reports are piling up!

SubomonSubomon Member Posts: 2
Greetings from Lappland!

Does anyone else have similar problem with the games?

For two months the game has been crashing at launch, and so far what I have tried is to downlaod some music patch - it did not work, the game kept on crashing down... now I tired what my old friend suggested, to remove ( or is it uninstall) the game and download and isntall it again - and the same error report popped up!

I d have liked to try BP2 - Aiel For encounter again, but for some reason the game doesn t work for me anymore.

Cheers, and have a nice weekend!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi @Subomon‌
    A few things you can try, but really need more details such as which screen it crashes on, what store you purchased from and what platform (pc, mac, etc.) as well as whether it ever worked.

First, with the game closed down find the folder where baldur.ini exists (probably in "documents/baldur's gate II - enhanced edition" or similar). Rename that entire folder to something like "documents/baldur's gate II - enhanced edition original"). Try restarting the game.

Second, make sure you have a sound output device enabled, such as speakers or headset.

Third, if you only ever use suspend or hibernate, try a full reboot. Unlikely I guess but worth mentioning on the offchance.
    Thanks