Skip to content

Discussion count is inaccurate

GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
The index on the left of the web page includes a count of the number of discussions in a section. The number is wrong. I was surprised to click on a low-volume group with '4' topics, only to find at least a whole page worth. Similarly, sections reporting 0, 3 and 3 topics all clearly had a higher number of topics being discussed.

I have no idea how accurate the large numbers are - I am not fool enough to count that many topics, but clicking on any single-digit discussion-count should show the error.

I suspect this is an issue with the underlying software, rather than a BeamDog specific setting, but you might want to forward a bug report to the forum software vendor.

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    It happens when they move a discussion from a section to another one. It won't count as a discussion in the actual one, because it wasn't created in there.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Pibaro said:

It happens when they move a discussion from a section to another one. It won't count as a discussion in the actual one, because it wasn't created in there.

Actually, only when they're moved to the archive or they spend X time on the archive, not when they're simply moved. It's a bit random.