Skip to content

Viconia Stutter Glitch Help BG2 EE

Okay so i have been having this bug for the last few days, where in BG2 EE Viconia will stop walking every few seconds. It has gotten very frustrating and any help on how to solve it would be appreciated.

Also, i have used the Romance cheat for any gender, any race, and multiple romances in the BG2 fixpack as well as the banter pack, rogue rebalancing bg2 fixpack, and Dungeon-Be-Gone mods. the bug has started at around the brynnlaw/spellhold area though i don't know if that has anything to do with it. also there was a similar bug in my game that occurred at the heretic temple area on Rasaad's quest, however that was quickly resolved with a CLUAConsole command i found somewhere on this forum.

Any help would be appreciated thanks :)

Comments

• Sarevok24Sarevok24 Member Posts: 15
    bump
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Imoen does this for me in BG:EE
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    I refuse to believe that this bug is still causing problems, but:

Is Viconia wearing any items that grant HP regeneration?
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Sarevok24 said:

Also, i have used the Romance cheat for any gender, any race, and multiple romances in the BG2 fixpack

This one here is the problem. It's a known issue, I believe there's even a warning about it somewhere in the documentation.

The error occurs when two romances are going at the same time. There's a trigger condition that kicks in and stops Viconia from moving (so an interjection can take place) but because of conflicting scripts it doesn't actually continue from there. The trigger condition of course remains, so it'll keep on happening periodically, causing the stutter.

From what I know the bug only happens with Viconia, but I may be wrong.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    shawne said:

I refuse to believe that this bug is still causing problems, but:

Is Viconia wearing any items that grant HP regeneration?

The so called ``regeneration glitches'' are actually several effects that, when acting together their precedence would mix up (so it is only caused by effects applied by a relatively close time interval) and cause interruptions with the character's actions. BUT, those bugs were fixed by both EE and TobEx. So everything's left to a script with an Interact() or with any other action that takes precedence over the .cre's current action that is looping over and over (which is exactly the same Lord_Tansheron said).

Install the mod attached to this post and open that saved game. The game will produce an output like "Running block X of script Y", please come back (uninstall the mod) and tell me what that output said.
    @CrevsDaak‌
    It said that it was "Running Block 34 of Viconia.bcs" over and over again, so i'm assuming that's what it is. what is there that i can do about that?

@Sarevok24‌ depends on what you're willing to do. First, you can download NearInfinity (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/30593), and add a False() to viconia.bcs' block 34 right after the IF (but after a newline).
    Second, you can zip the .bcs (it'll probably be in your override folder and I'll do 1st for you (It might break something else, but I am not sure).
    edited January 2015
    _
    This is the 34th "ifthen" block in Viconia.bcs

IF
    False()
    InParty(Myself)
    See(Player1)
    !StateCheck(Myself,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    !StateCheck(Player1,CD_STATE_NOTVALID)
    AreaCheck("oh4000")
    Global("OHR_HAMMER_SPEECH","OH4000",2)
    Global("OHR_CULT_HOSTILE","GLOBAL",0)
    CombatCounter(0)
    Global("cd_viccy_oh4000","LOCALS",1)
    GlobalTimerExpired("cd_viccy_oh4000_timer","LOCALS")
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("cd_viccy_oh4000","LOCALS",2)
    StartDialogueNoSet([PC])
    END

Is this what it should look like? also the Viconia bug happened much earlier during Rasaad's heretic quest but there was a console command that stopped it.

Edit: here is the unedited file from the override folder
    @CrevsDaak‌ i fixed it - at least for now. there was more than one block i had to put a False() before (all were related to hammer helm and the heretics i believe) thanks for all the help!
    Your welcome! Glad i could help!
  • BasementBoiBasementBoi Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2019
    Sarevok24 wrote: »
    @CrevsDaak‌ i fixed it - at least for now. there was more than one block i had to put a False() before (all were related to hammer helm and the heretics i believe) thanks for all the help!

Hello, I'm also having this same problem and I need you to tell me where is this block is found. Help a guy with no coding experience out? Thanks.
  • UstanZadostUstanZadost Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I'm sorry for digging up this older thread but it helped me massively with the Viconia "stutter bug".

During Rasaad's (new NPC in EE edition) quest,Viccy gets really chatty – she comments every line of dialogue regarding the monk heretics and so long. Right when reaching the heretic temple area, she started her stutter bug, stopping every step or so and looking like she's in dialogue mode. As gathered from this thread and others, it's a script bug: she actually tries to enter dialogue mode, probably with Charname, but nothing comes out of it and she just stops.

Here's how I fixed it thanks to this thread:
    - I downloaded Near Infinity (google it, it's open source, then click on the .exe to start the installation process).
    - Within NI, I used the search tool and typed in "Viconia.bcs"
    - Within Viconia.bsc (it's her active script), I searched again for "oh4000", which is the code for the area of Rasaad's quest (or precisely the temple area, not sure).
    - I added "False()" after a new line in every "IF" section – it's the script condition – related to the area. The answers above called them blocks.
    - Save script
    - ???
    - Profit!!

I'm an absolute noob in coding and stuff but it worked. And I can confirm that it doesn't stop any lovey-dovey progression you have with the lovely drow. It really just affects her dialogue script during this particular quest. We'll never now what she wanted to say but hey, she moves normally, so that's a win!

Take care and thank you for your help after so many years!