Skip to content

Number of Attacks per round

I just made a Kensage level 16/17 with grandmastery in axes...but my number of attacks is only 7/2!

I though I would regain all of my kensai abilities after reaching level 17 with mage so I should have more attacks per round

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    Grandmastery gives 1.5, level 13 gives 1, and you start with 1.
    That makes it 3.5 or 7/2.
    If you want more you are going to have to equip a speed weapon (a weapon that specifically increases your APR) or dual wield.
  • JotaJota Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2015
    hum....but is it because of now being a mage? I am pretty sure that before dual classing my Kensai had 9/2 APR
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @elminster‌ is right, check http://cdn.icewinddale.com/files/IWDEE_Manual_2_-_Mastering_Melee_&_Magic.pdf , search "Weapon Specialization"

As a Grand Master you get 5/2 APR, additional half-attack per round is given at 7th and 13th level.

So, at the 16th level you get 7/2 APR.

If before dual-classing your Kensai, @Jota‌ , had 9/2 APR, then he had a speed weapon as the second weapon: you got additional +1 APR from the second weapon and another additional +1 APR from the "+1 ARP" ability of that weapon.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Can look for the Ring of Reckless Action for +1 APR.

5 APR is maximum unhasted. 10 APR with improved haste.

With your kensei abilities you probably don't need any points in dual wielding to be very good at it.
    Normally I always play a dual wielder, this time around I decided to Roleplay and use a party different from everything I am used to! Where does the Ring of Recless Action drop @Wowo‌ ?
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Lower Dorn's Deep, Malavons Sanctuary (AR8010), random item in container located at x = 2000, y = 300
    Thanks