Skip to content

Favorite personal quest?

Just wondering what everyone's favorite personal quest is and why. Some NPCs like Viconia and Haer'dalis had planned ones, I think, but were cut, so I think they're the only two that don't have one. Valygar and Minsc have theirs restored by Unfinished Business, and both are probably my favorites.

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Aerie doesn't really have a personal quest (well, unless you count Kalah as being her personal quest, but you don't really need her to finish any of it). Otherwise, she just gets the letter to direct you to Haer'Dalis. I'm in the process of writing one and modding it into the game. (She did have another quest that was cut from the original, and I think rightly so. It was awful on just about every level).

Otherwise... I quite like Jan's, as it changes him from being just comic relief to a real character, showing him in a new light.

Out of the EE NPC's, I think I'm always torn between Rasaad or Neera as my favorites. Rasaad doesn't have an annoying hippy in his quest, so I'll go with him.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    edited January 2015
    Keldorn, Anomen, Yoshimo, and Jan are all good ones. If I don't plan on taking Keldorn along, I always take the time to reunite him with his family. Makes up for all the times I have ruined the poor guy's life.

But if I had to choose one, I would go with Anomen, for the reasons @Blackraven‌ mentioned.

I have never played UB, but I would like to someday.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yoshimo, Anomen, and Jan.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Dorns. I especially enjoyed writing down Noobers name :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    All the quests from Neera's BG2EE line are very fun and diverse. I like the fact that each person in the Wild Mages' Camp has his own personality and offers different kind of an odd behavior. They are different and they all feel real.

From the vanilla game, I like Edwin's quest the most. When you see what happens during it for the first time... it's priceless! And I like how everyone in the party comments on the quest. The dialogue with Silvanus from the Copper Coronet is SO fun.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @Coutelier‌ -
    Coutelier said:

(She did have another quest that was cut from the original, and I think rightly so. It was awful on just about every level).

You have no idea how hard it was for me to resist responding with "Just like Aerie, EH" to that, but I think it would probably count as trolling in your company :P

Anyway, what was her quest supposed to be?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Imoen : She is the main driving element in SoA.
    Minsc : The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette. A funny roleplaying piece that does not necessarily result in a hack'n slash session.
    edited January 2015
    scriver said:

@Coutelier‌ -

Coutelier said:

(She did have another quest that was cut from the original, and I think rightly so. It was awful on just about every level).

You have no idea how hard it was for me to resist responding with "Just like Aerie, EH" to that, but I think it would probably count as trolling in your company :P

Anyway, what was her quest supposed to be?
    Aerie's great... except when she has lazy writers who think turning her into a bird will do in place of actually developing anything else about her character. That's what they were going to do - turn her into a bird.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    @Coutelier‌ I thought there was gonna be a choice between turning into a bird or not, and that choosing not to would make her more mature and less whiny and needy.
    edited January 2015
    Mhamza said:

@Coutelier‌ I thought there was gonna be a choice between turning into a bird or not, and that choosing not to would make her more mature and less whiny and needy.

I don't think she was really that whiny or needy to begin with... except when you romance her. But she was supposed to have a scene where you choose whether to let her turn into a bird (which, why would she even want anyway? It lets her fly, but doesn't actually solve many of the deeper issues she has or help her do any of the other things she wants. It's just dumb.) Not doing so would have made her tougher, somehow, and she would have made some speech, a cut down version of which was used for when she dumps Haer'Dalis. But there are are much better ways for her to grow as a character, such as having her confront her past and the people who abused her allowing us to see her grow as a hero and adventurer and finding her own identity.

Anyway, I suppose I shouldn't derail this. I like Aerie as a character... more than any other NPC, she's the newbie who is there learning from everyone and trying to figure out the world and her place in it. It's nice for my old BG1 characters to feel like the wiser, older one for a change. There are lots of things about her that could be much better written. But I've talked about all that lots and lots of times before.
    Post edited by Coutelier on
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    I've always been a fan of Nalia's - not just the Keep section of it, but the later parts with Isaea Roenail. I remember being royally pissed the first time she got kidnapped in one of my playthroughs. I was like, "I JUST GOT IMOEN BACK!"
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    its only very short but I actually like

Mazzy vs the ogre it has a lot of charm to it