Skip to content

[Not an Issue] Sword of Chaos +2

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
On a recent new game, I somehow looted this sword in the first room of Irenicus' residence in one of the chests or shelves, thus when I got to the genie's flask quest I received nothing from him. Is it intentional to have the sword lootable from random chests in the dungeon?? I also did not receive the acorns for the dryad quest off Ilyich.

Edit: This whole thing may have screwed up because killed Ilyich's gang BEFORE heading to the residence. In doing so I wonder if this automatically moves the Sword to a different spot and bugs out the dryads and genie.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Well, as of patch 1.3 the genie should now give you an weapon based on what items you had when you imported your character. According to the patch notes, you should get the sword of chaos from the cambion.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Ah, I didn't see this when I read it but this makes sense, it was dropped by the Cambion come to think of it. Though it should be noted that when you create a fresh character for BG2 (which I did this time) the genie naturally won't give you anything even though it says the party has received an item, and his dialog box talking to him afterwards thus still asks for his flask in exchange for your weapon. I like the change, but it's definitely wonky if you aren't importing. But probably not a bug per se.
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    edited January 2015

Ah, I didn't see this when I read it but this makes sense, it was dropped by the Cambion come to think of it. Though it should be noted that when you create a fresh character for BG2 (which I did this time) the genie naturally won't give you anything even though it says the party has received an item, and his dialog box talking to him afterwards thus still asks for his flask in exchange for your weapon. I like the change, but it's definitely wonky if you aren't importing. But probably not a bug per se.

Wait genie giving u something i got varscona +2 (cavalier)
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited January 2015
    From the 1.3 patch notes (p. 7 http://www.beamdog.com/files/bg2ee/bgiiee_releasenotes.pdf)
    Imported characters now have a way to retrieve one
    of their weapons from Baldur’s Gate in the starting
    dungeon. Simply visit the imprisoned genie and give
    him the freedom he seeks, and you will receive a
    weapon imported from your Baldur’s Gate game. If
    you have more than one weapon from the list to the
    right, the top-most weapon will be carried over.
    Starting with a new character? No problem. The genie
    will still give you a weapon appropriate for your
    character based on your class and weapon
    proficiencies.

This replaces the Sword of Chaos +2 that the genie
    previously possessed, which has been moved to the
    Cambion just southeast of the genie’s planar prison

For example, I got Varscona + 2. In the patch notes there is a list of items that could be imported. If I'm not mistaken this list constitutes the possible weapons you get when you create a new character based on proficiences.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    I think this fits into not an issue category. Unless anyone objects I will tag as such later this weekend.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.