Skip to content

Exp Cap removal!

Is it possible to remove the 8.000.000 xp cap for dual classes?! I have a kensai/mage 16/26 at the moment but I was planning to reach mage 30 so it kind *hurts* my already powerful character to stay on 26!

I always thought the cap would be level 30 :s and I know it is in the section of bugs but I would really like to have my kensage reach level 30! Instead of reaching 2.000.000xp kensai and 6.000.000xp mage

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    The BG2 tweaks mod (which works with IWDEE) includes an option to remove the experience cap.
    MusignyJuliusBorisov
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

The BG2 tweaks mod (which works with IWDEE) includes an option to remove the experience cap.

IIRC up to level 40 in IWDEE.
    CrevsDaak
  • JotaJota Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2015
    Well already found it! I am going to try it! Despite my character being already powerful enough to complete HoF I still enjoy the new levels!
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    edited January 2015
    Just to clarify, the experience limit that is currently imposed on dual-class characters is a bug and will be addressed.

As of the next patch, you will be able to reach Fighter(29)/Mage(30) with a dual-classed character if you are so inclined, just like in the original (non-EE) game. The level cap will remain at 30 for each class.
    MusignyjackjackCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • JotaJota Member Posts: 50
    @AlexT‌ I read the forums but I don't want to wait until the next patch :) It's a re run of the game so I just wanted to remove the experience cap and it hurts my heart because it seems I am cheating! And I am enjoying how difficult some battles are in HoF!

Thank you nevertheless!
    JuliusBorisov
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    AlexT said:

Just to clarify, the experience limit that is currently imposed on dual-class characters is a bug and will be addressed.

As of the next patch, you will be able to reach Fighter(29)/Mage(30) with a dual-classed character if you are so inclined, just like in the original (non-EE) game. The level cap will remain at 30 for each class.

In the original there was a cap at 8 million experience. You couldn't reach lvl 30 in your second class if you went as high as 29 in the first.
    jackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Are you sure about that? Doesn't sound familiar, but to be fair, it's been a while since I leveled up that high.
    CrevsDaak
    @jackjack Yes, I've got the original installed on my pc as well. Dual class fighters (with the grand mastery ability over multi classed characters) are plenty strong even with the cap. But the latest is that they're going to change it in the next patch anyway.
    jackjack
    @Pumpernickel are you sure you're playing the original, unmodded Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter + Trials of the Luremaster? It works the way I described it there (see attached screenshot).
    CrevsDaakjackjack
    I am lacking Trials of the Luremaster. Perhaps that is the discrepancy. But that aside, yes, can't seem to give a dual class character more than 8 million xp.
    jackjack
    That explains it. The dual-class XP was one of the bugs that got fixed in version 1.42 (which is TotLM).

See the patch notes here.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov