Skip to content

Character voices not importing? (PC)

SarvSarv Member Posts: 31
edited January 2015 in Troubleshooting
Hi!

I've been wanting to import my BGEE character to BGEEII for some time but wanted to be able to use the voice from the previous game, which was missing (together with the other BGEE voices) when I imported my character.

I've been googling for answers on and off, but nothing shows me how to get the BGEE voices to work in the second game. Have I missed a thread somewhere that helps with this issue?

Thanks!

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited January 2015
    they aren't compatible by default as the two games use different numbers of sounds and the same soundsets aren't in each game without mods.

Suggest just picking a new voice on your character after import.

As another choice, you can use one of the soundsets from my mods which are compatible with BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE. As long as you have the mod installed on each version, you can use the same voiceset for each game. (They are customized to the game to the number of sounds available).

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38319/mods-awesome-soundsets-mods-master-thread-custom-soundsets-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-iwdee
    SarvJuliusBorisov
  • SarvSarv Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for setting my mind at ease, the new voices do just fine! And that's a very cool mod! Have to check that out.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    74 additional soundsets to choose from with more on the way. They could be used for continuity like you said from BGEE to BG2EE.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    You can use the BGEE sounds with BG2EE, just copy the sound files you want from the BGEE Language/sounds directory (steam version) rename all seven of them by adding a "1" to the end or something and copying them to Language/sounds folder in Baldurs Gate 2 directory (Steam version) . Then you can use them in the game just fine, it will say "Female 11" or something in game. Hope this helps, I did this for all of my characters.
  • Xerxes1811Xerxes1811 Member Posts: 65
    I guess I should clarify a couple of things, copy the voice set out of BG that you want into a separate folder, then rename them. Most end with a number then a letter, I just put the number 1 after the the number in the file name. So if the voice sets ended in (file name)2k, I would rename it (file name)21k. Then copy these new voice sets into your BG2 sounds folder, otherwise you risk over writing the current voice sets if you don't give them a different file name. Hopefully that makes sense.