Skip to content

Best Way to Get Rid of Dynaheir?

Hey,

So, I just rescued Dynaheir, which I swapped out with Neera. Having second thoughts, and am thinking of getting Neera back. Problem is, I want to keep Minsc and (as far as I know), they are a pair. I suppose, I could kill her off somehow, but would prefer not to do that (if possible). Both for role playing reasons and not sure what effect that would have on Minsc going forward. As always, I appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Just head to any town and have her enter a building you never need to return to alone. Then reform the party and remove her. With her stuck in the building she can't speak to you and trigger the "leaving" dialogue. Its that dialogue that triggers Minsc leaving too.
    JuliusBorisovelminsterMoomintrollVasculio
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    You could have her petrified. No need to worry about those pesky dismissal dialogues, and she's a scroll away from re-activation! Do it in a comfy action pose, if you do it at all.
    SionIVelminsterVasculio
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    Oh, that's very good. ...And you have that whole map that's chock full of basilisks that needs to be scouted. Possibly Khalid needs a good likeness done as well.

dreamrider
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited July 2014
    Order Minsc to stab her. That's my solution. But your best bet is to just do as atcdave suggests. :) Leave her in a building. :) It's quick simple and clean and you can always come back to here later if you need to.
    I believe it's SCS off the top of my head that has a component allowing you to separate companions. It can be quite handy to have, not to mention being an AMAZING mod to.
  • MivsanMivsan Member Posts: 139
    Another way is to kill Minsc (erm... let him die in glorious combat against Evil), remove Dynaheir from party, resurrect Minsc. That way, RP-wise and gameplay-wise (in case you ever want Dynaheir back) everyone stays alive.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Take Dynaheir to the carnival. Have her go into the gambling tent. Boy, gambling sure is fun! One could even get addicted and not want to be an adventurer anymore . . . but what can you do? Can't help someone who won't help herself. Guess you'll just have to go on without her . . .
    Prince_of_LiesJuliusBorisovMoomintrollSharGuidesMyHand
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    She must be pretty good if she can keep gambling for days without any of my...er...the party's gold. Well, if she runs short, there's always that other tent to pick up a bit of cash...
  • poisonipoisoni Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2014
    How about removing her from party while she's dead? What would that do?
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "Checkmate! The witch is dead!"
    JuliusBorisovMERLANCE
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    kcwise said:

"Checkmate! The witch is dead!"

Ding Dong
    kcwise
  • Axenotis9Axenotis9 Member Posts: 15
    1) You can do kill her and then remove her.
    2)Petrify her by a basilisk on the Northwest side of the map.
  • OllmerOllmer Member Posts: 73
    This is what the "Cursed scrolls of Petrification" are for.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Have her pet a bear.
  • Axenotis9Axenotis9 Member Posts: 15
    Adso said:

Have her pet a bear.

Don't pet a bear in real life.
    Spoiler alert: you die.