Skip to content

Explain it like I'm 5

I have gone through BG like a thunder really enjoying both orginal and ee content (I don't think there is a fella who haven't heard of Saga from me) anyway I tried to give a try with some mods so I downloaded NPC Project and WEidu but I don't know how to take care of that things.(I came to the moment when installer says something about .tp2 and dialog.tlk). The reality (and this command line design) slapped me directly in face with my enormous ignorance. If there is anybody who's gonna help me I'll would be very pleased :):)

I trust all is well!!

Comments

• AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    edited January 2015
    It seems you haven't properly unpacked the mod files.

In general you should have the mod folder (in this case: “bg1npc”) directly on your 00766 folder, along with the installation weidu file (“setup-bg1npc.exe”).

Don’t manually move those files – instead try to unpack the archive in such a way that the files end up in the right folder.

There are a couple more things, like creating the override folder or operating system-specific issues, but the above are the basics. ;)

Edit: I’m assuming a normal Beamdog installation here. I don’t know the dir structure for steam and whatnot.

Edit2: I didn’t notice the screen had the directory structure in it. But I see the problem now: you extracted the files into the override folder. That’s a step to deep. :) They should be extracted into the Baldur’s Gate Enhanced Edition folder. :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TisAmazinJayvieeTisAmazinJayviee Member Posts: 6
    Thank You SO much. Ilmater blesses your merciful souls. I've encourted some problems (he couldn't find readme and strings was missing) but when I copied EVERY mod component to BGEE like a madman and it works. Thank and other enthusiastic words adressed to You! Time to sink The Sword Coast in blood once more time! :)3

PS After my actions this folder looks meh.... I think I should change sth
  • AsthnerAsthner Member Posts: 83
    That is… so… wrong…

I’m in a hurry though, so here’s a screenshot of my folder (be warned: I’m post installation of a lot more mods) and hopes that the picture will explain more than a thousand words…

Ok, I see now. So, if I move the proper data to proper "bg1npc" folder that would still work?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited January 2015
    I think you should start over from the beginning and use a clean install.
    I do not run BG under Steam but you have the chitin.key and the baldur exe amidst the biff files and it seems weird.
    It would be nice if someone could drop a line about the correct tree structure used by Steam.
    With the Beamdog client, both the chitin.key and the baldur.exe are in a 00783(for BG2) or 00766(for BG1) directory. The biff files are under a data subdirectory. Ultimately you will unpack the mods in the 00783 or 00766 folder.

You seem to use a mod which already has the weidu version 237. This is good. It will update the other mods to this latest version of weidu and it will appropriately manage the language structure (it will create a weidu.conf the first time you use it).
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @TisAmazinJayviee‌ Why you don't just simply use BWS for installing mods?
    ALIEN said:

@TisAmazinJayviee‌ Why you don't just simply use BWS for installing mods?

Because
    1- (S)He runs the EE edition.
    2- BWS is a mess.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Musigny‌

1. BWS support EE
    2. How BWS is a mess, please elaborate?
    Ok. I've decided to reinstall both game and mod again due to your instructions. Again, thank for your explanations, now it is clear enough for me :wink:
    edited January 2015
    @TisAmazinJayviee‌
    The general idea is that the setup-something.exe files and the chitin.key file are located in the same directory.
    If you fetch the latest BG1NPC and BG1UB zip packages from AstroBryGuy's GitHub account they may unpack using an intermediate folder. This is perhaps why you initially failed to install them.
    Happy gaming !

Edit: links to the current versions
    https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/598318/#Comment_598318
    Edit 2:
    https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/602435/#Comment_602435
    Post edited by Musigny on
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196

I have gone through BG like a thunder really enjoying both orginal and ee content (I don't think there is a fella who haven't heard of Saga from me) anyway I tried to give a try with some mods so I downloaded NPC Project and WEidu but I don't know how to take care of that things.(I came to the moment when installer says something about .tp2 and dialog.tlk). The reality (and this command line design) slapped me directly in face with my enormous ignorance. If there is anybody who's gonna help me I'll would be very pleased :):)

I trust all is well!!

oh, for God's sake, man (I mean kid). Why is your mod in override folder??? extract it into Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition MAIN folder, not into override. and install normally. you shouldn't have any problems - BG1npc uses newest version of Weidu. If (for some reason) installer still can't find dialog.tlk - update Weidu. If (for some really ominous reason) installer still can't find dialog.TLK, you must do this http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/6950/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-bgee/p1 STEP THREE
    If after all this (for some totally rad reason) installer still.... go and play some football.

Explained it like you are 5 I hope??
  • wolpakwolpak Member Posts: 390
    When a man and a women love each other, they sometimes want to show it in ~non-verbal~ ways (that means without talking). So, the man then takes Tab A and ... (wait, what were we supposed to explain again)