Skip to content

[Not An Issue] [Windows] Free Action ( Clr 4 ) should NOT protect recipient from stun effect

SilvershadowsSilvershadows Member Posts: 28
edited February 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)

IWD EE version : 1.3.2058

Free Action ( Clr 4 ) should NOT protect recipient from stun effect

PS : Trying to post several issues here , but get this message :

" You have posted 1 times within 60 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 300 seconds before attempting to post again. "

* Sob * Sob *
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I'll look into the reports you've made so far. You should also be able to post more than 1 within 60 seconds now.
  • SilvershadowsSilvershadows Member Posts: 28
    Troodon80 said:

I'll look into the reports you've made so far. You should also be able to post more than 1 within 60 seconds now.

Thanks for the notification and sorry for the mistake about Entropy Shield . It has been long time since I play the original IWD game , I must have confused the spell with something else . Once again , sorry for the false report T_T

Once again , sorry for the false report T_T

That's okay, no worries. Better to err on the side of caution and report anyway. We can verify if something is an issue.

This is also the behaviour of stun effects versus free action in the original game, so it is unlikely to change. :-)
    edited January 2015
    Troodon80 said:

That's okay, no worries. Better to err on the side of caution and report anyway. We can verify if something is an issue.

This is also the behaviour of stun effects versus free action in the original game, so it is unlikely to change. :-)

Thanks for the reply :smile:

I have made some tests in the original game .

My elven mage casted Icelance on party leader . It seems that he was stunned by the spell even he was under the protection of Free Action . O_O

There's obviously an unexplained inconsistency somewhere for the reasoning behind being immune to some spells and not to others.

I'm going to assume it is based on whether the stun effect is a physically stunned person (i.e. by getting hit with a large object; icelance) versus a magically stunned person (stunned by magic; power word, stun).

In any case, this is the same behaviour as in the original. :-)
    edited January 2015
    Troodon80 said:

There's obviously an unexplained inconsistency somewhere for the reasoning behind being immune to some spells and not to others.

I'm going to assume it is based on whether the stun effect is a physically stunned person (i.e. by getting hit with a large object; icelance) versus a magically stunned person (stunned by magic; power word, stun).

In any case, this is the same behaviour as in the original. :-)

Actually , Power Word: Stun can only affect the creatures with 90 hp or less :neutral_face:

Post edited by Silvershadows on
    The test was done with a character who had a maximum of 14HP (new character).

I need to look into the other issues you have reported. :-)
This discussion has been closed.