Skip to content

[Not an Issue] MY NPC CHARACTERS WON'T FIGHT

clermonthoundclermonthound Member Posts: 5
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
been recently revisiting my old favorite games and started playing BG2 EE again on my mac...and i've been cheating...yes, i'm lame.

playing for the story outcomes, etc... all was good until today when i noticed it was taking my stacked party of NPC's FOREVER to off creatures. I took closer look and noticed that they won't ATTACK.

my NPC's won't attack anyone. when i select them all, click the monster/bad guy in question, NOTHING.

when i PAUSE and then individually click their weapons...NOTHING.
(only my player character ends up attack when i do this)

I keep googling it and come up with nada.

i read about the SCRIPTS and adjusted them accordingly to various setting for various NPCs and NOTHING again. no change at all.

i noticed that i was cruising along all the quests, then decided to hit the WATCHER KEEP and it seemed to start whilst navigating that pile of death.

i am a tech non-genius so any all help here would be amazing...

i'm running a macbook pro/Yosemite/ and game version 1.2.0 (2029)

Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Do the NPC's move correctly when given instructions?

Zip and attach a save for inspection please.
    Thanks
  • TiaxShallRuleTiaxShallRule Member Posts: 4
    You could try turning AI on (that little lantern in the bottom right)... you wont be able to iindividually control them, but they might fight with you.
  • clermonthoundclermonthound Member Posts: 5
    oh thanks folks...for replying so fast...

yeah i had tried tinkering with the AI lantern, nothing. forgot to put in post.

the NPC's all react like they're fighting, battle crys, the swarm to the target, etc.

but in reality instead of FIGHTING, they simply surround the target and the TEXT box says "Minsc attacks Ogre" but there's no damage ticking off (accept the ogre scoring hits) and no animation of the attack.

attached is a save
    and here's a screen shot of my NPC's hugging the town crier i attacked.

one wrinkle, RASAAD just straight up chopped someone up when i provoked this fight to get the screenshot, wracked with guilt he left (as he's not there in the image), even though previously he suffered from the same attack-less affliction.

i thought it was solved for a split second but then the rest of them went on hug patrol so...
    another ODD wrinkle, i tried reloading saves and have established this;

my NPC's were able to fight BEFORE i completed the Watcher's Keep. just reloaded this save and slew all the Helmites to 'test' (just to test, not to satiate my Bhaal bluudlust mind you) and see if they worked.

that save is attached.

weird.

any thoughts? i'd love to NOT throw away all the work (and loot) i put in doing that gods-forsaken tower keep BS.

SOLVED...sorry to be a noob

it was that i had the (cheated) boots of lightning speed... says right there in the discussion, 'unable to attack or cast spells'... and since a few characters didn't have them equipped due to other items they had, i didn't pick up on it right away...

sorry again, but thanks all for chiming in.
This discussion has been closed.