Skip to content

Lost the mallet handle in Durlag's Tower

Hello out there,
Im little confused. Because I entered with my party Dulag's Tower a while ago. And somehow, at that time, I took this mallet handle away (which is necessary to solve one quest), without reason. I didn't know that this is an importand item. Now Im searching the whole basement for it, but it can be, well somewhere else.
Is there a way to find out where this special item is?

Thank you very much.

/chris

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    There is no way to tell where it is unless you remember where you put it, but like @CrevsDaak instructed you can use the console to create the item if you can't find it.
  • chrisroomchrisroom Member Posts: 8
    Thank you CrevsDaak, Wilbur,
    but it seems that this doesn't work on my installation. I followed the instructions on that link and put these SQL-entries into my Baldur.ini. Then I restarted the game, but nothing happens on Crtl+Space accept for that the game is paused.
    Im run BG on a Linux-installation, with wine.

/c
    @chrisroom‌ Just to be sure did you do the following:

In baldur.ini file after the row:
    INSERT INTO options ROWS (

You should add a new row:
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',
    Hello Wilbur,
    I have no file with any kind of SQL-statement in my whole BG-installation. Neither in baldur.ini nor in any other file.
    There is no "INSERT INTO options ROWS ("
    Whatever that means ?!?

/chris
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    If you run the game on windows then this is in the personal directory that also hosts your saves.
    This is not under the game tree.
    Hello Musigny,
    maybe this is the problem. Im using Linux with wine to run BG. However my saves-dir is inside the BG-direcory.

/chris
    @chrisroom

I don't really know Linux, but quick googling tells me baldur.ini file should be in here:
    /home/[username]/.local/share/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition/
    Hello Wilbur,
    actually Im using the Dungeons & Dragons - Anthology. This is not a native version for Linux but for Windows. And I installed it on wine (windows emulation)

/chris
    chrisroom said:

Hello Wilbur,
    actually Im using the Dungeons & Dragons - Anthology. This is not a native version for Linux but for Windows. And I installed it on wine (windows emulation)

/chris

@Chrisroom Well that changes everything. I thought you had BG:EE :)

In baldur.ini file after the row:
    [Game Options]

Add a new line:
    Cheats=1

You can activate/deactivate the console by pressing Ctrl+Tab

Hello Wilbur,
    yea this worked. This time I have actually a console.
    Are the cheating-codes still the same? Because nothing happens when I put in e.x. CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC95").

/chris
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited February 2015
    you can shorten CLUAConsole: to just C: for a start as it makes it easier.
    Aside from that the code works(I just tested it). You never get a notification but the item should appear in your inventory.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    wubble said:

you can shorten CLUAConsole: to just C: for a start as it makes it easier.
    Aside from that the code works(I just tested it). You never get a notification but the item should appear in your inventory.

Shortening it only works on the enhanced edition. He is using an anthology version.

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("MISC95") should work. Test to see if the cheats are working by hovering your mouse over a creature and pressing Cntrl-Y (it should die) and/or hovering over one of your characters portraits and pressing Cntrl-R (you should be healed and cured of any status effects). If it is working, then retry the console code because there is nothing that should be messing you up other than possibly putting an extra space, punctuation or something else into the command line.
    Hello AHF,
    this time it worked. Yeah :-)
    Don't know what went wrong the last time. However problem solved.
    Thank you all for your help

/chris
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    chrisroom said:

Hello AHF,
    this time it worked. Yeah :-)
    Don't know what went wrong the last time. However problem solved.
    Thank you all for your help

/chris

Glad it worked! You are one of many who have needed multiple tries to get console commands to work at times.

(Raises hand).
  • DwayneDwayne Member Posts: 102
    In the original game the first time I played I didn't know I needed one of the items like you and I dropped it on the ground. When I realized I needed it the item was gone. I looked everywhere but it was gone. Later I killed a creature (zombie?) and it had picked-up the item and dropped it when I killed it.