Skip to content

Defeating Korkorran (spoilers)

I've been kicking Korkorran all over his lair for some time now, and he won't die. Presumably this is intended, and I'm supposed to use the Casque of Imprisonment on him, since L doesn't want him dead. But how do I do that? It can't be equipped in any slot, so all I can think of is to drop it on Korkorran's body, which requires him to at least temporarily hit the deck. I've even tried talking to Hexxat, and having Hexxat talk to Korkorran, but those don't work. The casque doesn't show up where you choose an item's power to use, or under special abilities.

The only other thing I can think of is that there's some particular method of attack that will drop him, but I've seen no clues regarding what that might be and have no reason as of now to think this is the case. What am I missing?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SpiffyMcBang When you get him down to low health, a cutscene should initiate. The Casque's use should be automatic.

Can you upload your save/the autosave from before the battle?
  • SpiffyMcBangSpiffyMcBang Member Posts: 160
    ffffffffffffffff

Alright. I'll try to replay it too.
    There you go.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @SpiffyMcBang Is that the correct save? Seems to be from the Tanner's house in SoA?
    Ok, it worked on the second try. Hopefully you'll get some kind of failure that points out why it happened to me.
    uh... damnit, this is what I get for not tagging my saves with ToB. Sorry, this should be the correct one.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Tried it out with your save and I was able to do it just fine. If you use Hexxat's spiked traps it should make it pretty easy.
    Yeah, like I said it worked on the second try. Wasn't sure what the deal was. My strat was just to pound him into mush. I save the spike traps for things like Demogorgon. :D
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I'm experiencing the same situation the OP described. The same thing happens every time: the battle goes to cut-scene, where my party continues to hit him over and over again. I let it go on for about 5 minutes and it's stuck in the cut-scene. Hexxat has the Casque in her inventory.
    When it worked for me, the fight was over in about ten seconds, though your gear and experience level might change that. If you have him at near death and he's just casting stoneskin over and over, it's bugged. Do you have a slightly earlier save you can revert to?
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I figured out that the cut-scene occurs only when Hexxat has been affected by a Chaos spell. It plays fine when she makes her saving throw.
  • NomphosumusNomphosumus Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2015
    (English is not my first language so... sorry for any errors) I had the same problem... after 1 hour of reloading and cursing the bug because the lich death-trigger didn't happen no matter what... I used console commands to kill the fake lich.

1º Let the dialogue to activate and start the battle.
    2º Kill Phreya
    3º Pause the game and activate Debug mode.
    5º Press CTRL R and left click with the mouse on the lich. (Restored)
    6º Unpause the game and let the battle to continue until your characters kill the lich.

That worked for me.
  • fleamfleam Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I've been at it for over an hour now. Hexxat starts the dialogue in the cut-scene ("The casque of entrapment didn't work as it should....") over and over, but nothing happens. Any help?
  • CLsdlt80CLsdlt80 Member Posts: 82
    edited March 2015
    OK Nomphosumus has it... this is what I did:
    1. Defeated Phreya
    2. Defeated the Lich, it won't fall. It stays on it's feet. (Neera entered a dialogue sequence which she couldn't start and kept trying to talk to any NPC or the PC, had to mute the voices)
    3. Put Hexxat close to the Lich
    4. Restored it "CTRL R"
    5. Killed it "CTRL Y"
    6. Lich is on the ground and Neera starts her dialogue with PC and Hexxat.

it appears to be a "bug" which triggers if you don't kill the Lich really fast? It has been reported before:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37916/11084-lich-with-phreya-should-not-be-invincible/p1
    Post edited by CLsdlt80 on