Skip to content

first time modder with a question about WeiDU

NightWardenNightWarden Member Posts: 62
edited February 2015 in General Modding
Okay, so I've made a list of all the mods I want to use for my first play-through of BGEE (a long list). I know that most, if not all, require WeiDU. Am I correct that I should first download and install WeiDU before attempting to add the mods?

Here is a list of the mods I plan to use, listed in the order that I'm thinking they should be installed. Please let me know if you'd recommend changing the order.

BG2 GUI for BG1
BG: EE Classic Movies
Wand Case
Barbed Club of Pain
Distinguishable Clubs
Distinguishable Javelins
More Style for Mages
BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters
BG1NPC Project
Unfinished Business
BG1NPC music pack
Xan’s friendship
Coran’s friendship pack
Adjantis expansion
Valerie
Isra
Vynd
Finch
Tenya
Indira
BGEE leveled spawns
BG2 Tweak Pack
SCS
Rogue Rebalancing
Song and silence
BP Series Scripts

Thanks.
Post edited by NightWarden on

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Am I correct that I should first download and install WeiDU before attempting to add the mods?

That's not necessary. All mods will include WEIDU along with the data they are adding to the game. It's needed in order to install the mod to begin with.

• NightWardenNightWarden Member Posts: 62
    Thanks @Belanos.

I didn't realize until I read your response this morning that I had neglected to include the actual list of mods I intend to use. If you don't mind, would you take a quick look and let me know if the order seems to be correct?

• MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    IIRC rogue balancing has to be installed before SCS.
    And I suggest crosschecking the position of 'Song and Silence' and 'BPSeries Scripts' in that list.
    Moreover please have a look at https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39135/bg1-npc-project-music-pack-compatible-with-bgee
    Musigny said:

IIRC rogue balancing has to be installed before SCS.
    And I suggest crosschecking the position of 'Song and Silence' and 'BPSeries Scripts' in that list.
    Moreover please have a look at https://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/39135/bg1-npc-project-music-pack-compatible-with-bgee

Thanks.

Per your suggestions, I've switched the positions of Rogue Rebalancing and SCS. I initially placed Song and Silence after Rogue Rebalancing out of concern that they might conflict if Song and Silence came first. Since I've moved Rogue Rebalancing ahead of SCS, perhaps I should move Song and Silence also?
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I'm not sure about Wand Case, it didn't work for me. The case never appeared in the vendor inventories it was supposed to. So be pleasantly surprised if it actually shows up in the game.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Song and Silence goes before RR. Link.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

I initially placed Song and Silence after Rogue Rebalancing out of concern that they might conflict if Song and Silence came first. Since I've moved Rogue Rebalancing ahead of SCS, perhaps I should move Song and Silence also?

Yes both of them before SCS.
    Make sure you use the BG1UB and BG1NPC packages published by AstroBryGuy on this forum.
    Belanos said:

I'm not sure about Wand Case, it didn't work for me. The case never appeared in the vendor inventories it was supposed to. So be pleasantly surprised if it actually shows up in the game.

Perhaps this is more of a quest-type mod. First you introduce the wand case into the BGEE world, and then you have to go and find it...
    Wisp said:

Song and Silence goes before RR. Link.

Thanks for sharing the link. From what I read BG2 Tweak Pack should be installed after RR. Do you concur with that? I keep thinking that I read elsewhere that it should be installed before.
    Musigny said:

Yes both of them before SCS.
    Make sure you use the BG1UB and BG1NPC packages published by AstroBryGuy on this forum.

Thanks, I'll do that.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102

Thanks for sharing the link. From what I read BG2 Tweak Pack should be installed after RR. Do you concur with that? I keep thinking that I read elsewhere that it should be installed before.

After. Otherwise Tweak Pack won't affect any of RR's new items, for example.

Wisp said:

After. Otherwise Tweak Pack won't affect any of RR's new items, for example.

Thanks!