Skip to content

Hilarious Kivan-Khalid banter

I can't believe I've never seen this banter before:

Kivan to Khalid: "Your courage shames the others."
Khalid to Kivan: "Th-thank you."

I mean, come on! :-D In close competition with Garrick, Khalid has to be the most cowardly NPC in the game. And Garrick is at least not a fighter by profession...

SionIVCrevsDaakAdsoRavenslightBlackravenFredjololienJuliusBorisovCField17

Comments

• AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Good point! Still, it's not like he's being praised only for being brave - he actually "shames" the others as well. Hard to take seriously after seeing him run away from battle a few times... :-D
    JuliusBorisov
    Agreed. Then again, why are (in my case) the efforts of Jaheira, Imoen and Garrick so much less, that Khalid (in particular) shames them?
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    There are a lot of this banters but they rarely trigger, so you almost never get to see them :\
    There was one where Safana asked Edwin to massage her feet, and Edwin replied something like "I'm not your servant."
    RavenslightBlackravenlolienJuliusBorisov
    I agree that Khalid should not lead a party. However, as he's my only melee fighter in most fights, I want him there to be able to easily pick up the loot afterwards. Garrick's song will boost moral when needed.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Astafas said:

Massively off topic, but this has always bothered me:

How do you get uploaded screenshots to show up so that when you click on them, they reopen in a new expanded window? When I upload a pic, it downloads when I click on it.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited February 2015

Astafas said:

How do you get uploaded screenshots to show up so that when you click on them, they reopen in a new expanded window? When I upload a pic, it downloads when I click on it.
    You mean to make it show up in your post? After you upload them if you hover your mouse above the file you uploaded it'll say insert image, this will let you insert the image into your post.

If that is what you mean?

[Edited] : Reading it again i'm probably wrong and it's something else :grin:
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited February 2015
    SionIV said:

Astafas said:

You mean to make it show up in your post? After you upload them if you hover your mouse above the file you uploaded it'll say insert image, this will let you insert the image into your post.

If that is what you mean?

[Edited] : Reading it again i'm probably wrong and it's something else :grin:
    It's not a matter of getting a picture to show up in my post, but what happens when I click on the pic after it's posted.

For example, when I click on the pic that the OP posted, an enlarged version opens up (which is what I want).

But when I click on one of the pics that I post, it downloads a copy to my computer instead of opening an enlarged version.

I'm wondering if there's something that I'm doing differently from others who post pics.

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    @SharGuidesMyHand - how are we supposed to be able to answer that without knowing what you do? At least link us to one of your posts where that happens.

As for what @Astafas did, I think he used the "Attach a file" option that's just below the comment writing field.
    Astafas
  • I've never considered Khalid cowardly. VERY nervous but not cowardly :3

(other than "better part of valour, better part of valour" xD)
    DetectiveMittenslolienRavenslight
  • DetectiveMittensDetectiveMittens Member Posts: 235

I've never considered Khalid cowardly. VERY nervous but not cowardly :3

(other than "better part of valour, better part of valour" xD)

I was going to post exactly this.
    lolienTethorilofLathanderRavenslight
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    edited February 2015
    I always took this comment as Kivan trying to build Khalid's confidence. I do like the posts about true courage not being the absence of fear, but facing your fears end on. Very true!
    RavenslightFenghoang
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    The fact that Khalid fights through any fear that he has is what courage and heroism is all about, isn't it?

All of the NPCs are subject to fleeing if they get down to a few HP, hanging by a thread.

Honestly, I haven't really found the rate of morale failure for Khalid noticeably higher than any other NPC. He always performs fine in my games. He might get a bit bloodied up now and then, but he's almost never really in any serious danger in my games.
    SionIVRavenslight
    Lemernis said:

The fact that Khalid fights through any fear that he has is what courage and heroism is all about, isn't it?

All of the NPCs are subject to fleeing if they get down to a few HP, hanging by a thread.

Honestly, I haven't really found the rate of morale failure for Khalid noticeably higher than any other NPC. He always performs fine in my games. He might get a bit bloodied up now and then, but he's almost never really in any serious danger in my games.

I don't think I've ever seen Kagain flee from low HP.
    Lemernis
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen Kagain's HP low enough for this ever to be tested!
    SionIV
    Lemernis said:

Interesting, I don't think I've ever seen Kagain's HP low enough for this ever to be tested!

You'll have to pick him up at level 1, strip him down until he's naked and then send him against at least 3 ogres or he'll knock them all unconscious before they can kill him.
    LemernisRavenslight
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I've seen Kagain flee. It's annoying, as he'll attack anyone, even comrades.
    SionIVSharGuidesMyHandSmilingSword
    edited February 2015
    Grum said:

I've seen Kagain flee. It's annoying, as he'll attack anyone, even comrades.

I think you must have mistaken fleeing for drunk there, Kagain doesn't flee, but when he gets drunk he tends to chase people and whack them over their head with his weapon. It's not always a drunk Kagain can figure out which end of the weapon is blunt, so there are a few occasional deaths. :smirk:
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Might have something to do with a min-maxed PC being 'leader', but I have definately had Kagain break on me. In BG2, I had a playthrough and Korgan broke a few times, usually vs very powerful Liches. He later took out the Hell dragon alone though, which makes up for it.

After a few levels, you shouldn't get morale failure unless you're in a TPK scenario due to terrible planning. Khalid is very tanky though, and you usually get him very low level, so he's the most likely to have a failure, mostly for beginners.