Skip to content

Okay, all set for my first IWD game!

Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729

Rest of my party is from the IWD NPCs mod (http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=174&Itemid=122 ), although I've changed some proficiencies in EEKeeper
Post edited by Oxford_Guy on

Comments

• AureolAureol Member Posts: 53
    Have fun! It's a really different experience from the Baldur's Gate series, but it's one I have come to love. I played it once non-enhanced, then recently enhanced with both expansions, and I might even make a 3rd run-through on Heart of Fury mode.

I am trying to get into Icewind Dale II now, but the lack of an enhanced edition makes it hard . . . dang you and your fancy-shmancy UI, Beamdog!
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Well, IWD2 has a pretty sweet toolbar, being customizeable (****ing Cleric Thief! Gah!), and you can switch between different weapon sets, including non-compatible. Both are pretty awesome features.

I will say, IWD2 HoF is a real kick in the teeth, even with a party thats pretty powerful. And Clerics are incredible! Moreso in HoF.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Oxford_Guy , be sure to keep your blade in the leader's position of the party, because the NPC dialogues with your character will not trigger if your character is out of the leader's position.

With a blade, who is squishy until he gets defensive spells, I'd use one of the party formations that has the leader march further back in the party.

Those leader-in-back party formation choices used to not be available in IWD, so having them available now is a welcome benefit of the Enhanced Edition. I used to feel like I couldn't play a squishy character like a mage with the NPC Project, because of his being forced to march in front.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Thanks for the tip @BelgarathMTH !