Skip to content

#11125 Dual Class imported characters should have the same hit points as when they were exported

schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Hello
(This is in Android)

BUG: Hit points from imported dual class characters not calculating correctly

I imported a saved game from BGEE (copied the saved file using a file explorer), and I had a Swashbuckler 10/Mage 8 (Started in BGEE, then played in Black Pits until maxed out xp). His hp pre import was 88 I believe (6 per level + 2 Con per level + Bonus from Pseudo Dragon), but post import, he's down to 52 (4 per level + 2 Con per level x 9 = 54, so not sure how I'm at 52).

This was an issue in 1.2 I know:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17512/dual-class-hp-decreased-upon-importing?#_=_

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Hit points should be kept from original character
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited December 2014
    @schreier‌
    Could you try importing from both the expanded set with portraits and the text list, i.e. the two buttons highlighted here.
    Thanks

(& note for self after festivities: XP > 161k AND one method of importing?)
  • schreierschreier Member Posts: 79
    I did it through the "Create" button at the bottom, but don't know how to do it through the top "Play" button since I had to bring him over from BGEE. On Android, I have a program called ES File Explorer. I went to my BGEE saved game folder, copied the folder with my saved game in the black pits, and pasted it into my BG2EE saved game folder. Then, the game appears in the load screen - but it's a BGEE Black pit game so I assume it wouldn't work. I can import using "Create" at the bottom though, and it works perfectly for single class characters. However, like I said, my Swashie/Mage dual gets mage hp.

If there is a way to use the "Play" option in this case, I'd be more than happy to try - I just don't know how to do so, except possibly exporting in BG2EE, but then the hp would already be wrong I would think?
    I brought the character in without dual-classing in BG:EE, and it worked fine. After dualing in BG2:EE, I tried to export the character within BG2:EE, and he loses his hp (i.e. the same issue). I realized I had this issue in IWD:EE as well, so it appears to be an engine-wide problem, not just BG:2EE.
    I can only reproduce via the Play button (thief 10 > mage 1 has 30hp instead of 80). I could raise on that basis but would prefer to have consistent results to you @schreier‌ so will see what happens when I try on Android.
    Thanks
    Sounds good - just let me know if there is anything I can do (testing, send files) to support your efforts
    edited December 2014
    I still get the option to import from Play or Create on Android. I had to scroll down to find their portraits which are below the pre-generated characters.

Left trio were Create, right trio were Play (n.b. screenshot from pc test as it's just easier...)

& importing from a saved game rather than character files also saw the HP drop from 80 to 30 for the two dual classed characters I was testing with)
    I've tagged it with what I can reproduce
    Thanks
    Did they fix this? I just imported a dual class, and it seems to keep his original hp
    OK ... bringing from saved game from BGEE to BG2EE screwed up hit points. Exporting a BG2EE character to a character slot, and using that "character slot" as "play" screwed up hit points. However, bringing from a saved game in BG2EE to BG2EE worked fine ... weird, right?
  • CyricSpawnCyricSpawn Member Posts: 74
    Great work on BGEE & BG2EE, They are my goto games on iPad now, much to the wife's dismay.

I've got a bug to report on iPad version post 1.3 on BGEE and BG2EE (also 1.3)

It's an old problem but couldn't find any recent info after the iPad 1.3 bg2ee update

My Duel Swashbuckler/Mage 10/1 imports to BG2EE with way less HP then he should have.

Incorrect HP values when importing character into Single player BG2EE WITH 1.3 installed on iPad.

Current Behavior:

When importing a level 10/1 swashbuckler/Mage with 16 constitution, the imported character's HP is significantly incorrect. A level 10/1 swashbuckler/Mage (16 CON) with 86 HP was a 24 HP character upon import. Only tested Human characters, may also occur with other classes and values. Only tested on iPad.

Expected Behavior:

Characters' statistics should reflect accurately upon import. It should be 86. 62 hp is a big loss :(
  • CyricSpawnCyricSpawn Member Posts: 74
    Ok fixed the HP issues but also got 90,000 free XP
    Merging into main report.