Skip to content

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited October 2022 in Off-Topic
The user and all related content has been deleted.
Post edited by [Deleted User] on
CoryNewbkcwiseAwong124AristilliusJuliusBorisovelementMessi

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I will just break down and buy Shadowrun in 2015...it might be my resolution.
    kcwisejackjack
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    It's looking good! I may have to break the piggy bank and see if I can support this one too.
    CoryNewb
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    kcwise
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    No tablet version. Bummer :\
    [Deleted User]kcwise
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    kcwiseelement
    The iPad Air 2 has more than enough grunt to run it, for one.
    kcwise
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Seems interesting. :)
    kcwisejackjack
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited January 2015
    seems kinda crazy to anyone else that they kickstarter a game, then kickstarter an expansion.

Isn't kickstarter like to get the company kinda started? Why they have to kickstarter expansions?

Like what's next? A kickstarter to design alternate colors for NPCs in the game already?
    kcwiseelement
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Isn't kickstarter like to get the company kinda started? Why they have to kickstarter expansions?

Kickstarter's not inherently about getting a company started (although that can certainly be the case sometimes). It's just a means of securing funding for a project. That concept applies just as readily to expansion packs as to new games.
    kcwisejackjackNonnahswriterMessi
    kcwiseelement
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2015
    kcwiseelement
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Dang it, Stop making me spend money on cool things. I need that for necessary things. Curse my weakness for Shadowrun
    kcwisejackjacklolien
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Pledged.
    kcwisejackjack
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963

Aaaaah, I am so broke. But I want this so much.

Kickstarter a campaign to raise money so you can kickstarter this project.
    kcwisejackjackdavidthegnomelolien
  • davidthegnomedavidthegnome Member Posts: 37
    Pledged at the Talismonger level... Don't normally pledge anywhere near that high for Kickstarter campaigns, but Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut is now one of my favorite CRPGs of all time. Very excited for this game. Hope they reach their $1million stretch goal.
    kcwise
    kcwiseelement
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Tbh, I hope they make it to the 1 million goal. It sounds cool, and I wish I had money to pledge to the kickstarter. Seeing as I'm on a Shadowrun addiction right now. I just beat Dragonfall: Director's Cut yesterday with a mage playthrough, and now I'm doing it again as a decker. I've also debated playing through DMS again.
    kcwise
    kcwiseelement
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Thought I would raise some awareness of this kickstarter which is coming into it's final days. Shadowrun Hong Kong is the third game in the Shadowrun Returns reboot.

The previous games have been pretty amazing and this third one is building upon those bases and actually improving several key areas.

Take a look and if you think it's worth a go maybe back it as well. There is a final goal which will add in an additional 4-6 hours of campaign, obviously this goal needs to be reached in the backing phase to actually come to fruition.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/shadowrun-hong-kong/description
    kcwise
    JuliusBorisovkcwiseelement
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited February 2015
    looking forward to this would rather have stuck with berlin team but this looks good (i'll miss Eiger :( )

I will say tho, what is the deal with not putting mages in these games
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited February 2015
    Funded with a £1.2 million total. That blew away the £1 million final stretch goal was looking for. That makes me happy as I suspected it would fall short.
    Dollars, not pounds. Quite a big difference, you know :D
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Great to see this KS go so well. Dragonfall DC was my RPG of the year. Pretty sad how it seemed to fly under the radar for many people.
    scriver
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    If you didn't kickstart Shadowrun: Hong Kong, you can pre-order the deluxe edition right now on Steam. As well as get Shadowrun Returns, and Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/shadowrun_weekend
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    I have had zero problems running Shadowrun Returns on both of my tablets, but their failure to support them properly is kind of a dealbreaker for me. The comments left on Dragonfall have been less than encouraging and they haven't updated Returns in over a year. I can't bring myself to pull the trigger on Dragonfall as a result and will not support Hong Kong. :-/ Stinks because I really wanted to support them, but I'm not much of a PC user these days.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...I KS-backed them and are happily looking forward to the game. First two installments were great. Yes, even the gritty-90s-style-cyberpunk first one.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Dragonfall DC seems to work fine on my iPad. I would recommend it.