Skip to content

Our Overhaul AMAA is complete!

Comments

• gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    edited August 2012
    So did Obama endorse BG:EE?
    QuartzSophia
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Man, you guys totally rock for doing this. Nearly all of my questions for the game were answered and the ones that weren't were for a good reason, I suspect. :)
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1af7/we_are_overhaul_games_the_team_behind_baldurs/c60nn2f
    David Warner has seen Patrick Stewart naked, and I must rub my eyeballs against his
    .......uh huh. *backs away slowly*
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Saw the response Medillen. Thanks again!
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    @Kholdstare What questions did we miss? I'd like carpet bombing coverage on all questions ;-)
    -Trent
    Kholdstare
    @TrentOster I'd like to know since we keep hearing about legal restrictions and such that we keep hearing about, is BG:EE in it's current form essentially the best/only option to get a remastered Baldur's Gate made?

Since you have an eye towards BG3 as a possibility, do they mainly go out the window (the legal restrictions) since you are creating a game from scratch?

Also, I realise there may not be much set in stone as far as a possible BG3 is concerned, but maybe you could answer this if possible. Would you be interested in either continuing the Bhaalspawn story or continuing with the same Bhaalspawn character in the new game? Though there may be a few naysayers when it comes to sequels, I find myself one of those who would at least appreciate one last goodbye to the characters and story from the previous games, especially in light of it being BG3 and the upcoming release of BG1 & 2: Enhanced Edition.

Though if BG3 does have to be entirely separate I wouldn't say no to paying for a post ToB DLC that serves as an epilogue to that game.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

@Kholdstare What questions did we miss? I'd like carpet bombing coverage on all questions ;-)
    -Trent

The fact you're doing this question-answering session is awesome... the fact you want to answer as much as possible to the extent you're able to is even more awesome. The respect-o-meter is maxed.
    Moira
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    @TrentOster Actually, you did answer it, it was just not in a complete way because you guys want to save that info til later. :) That you answered if you were able to or not was enough for me. (It was the question asking who the same-sex romanceable character was) I know you guys wanted to say who it was, but I respect the decision to keep that a secret for now. You guys are awesome.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    @ with my questions!

Sad panda :[
  • neokarnyneokarny Member Posts: 39
    I completely forgot about it... :(
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Hey guys, you can still ask your questions! A few of us are heading home for the day, but Trent is still on there typing furiously, and plus we'll be in tomorrow to answer more. =) Thanks for coming and for your interest.
    Moira
    edited August 2012
    I might sign up for tomorrow. What time are you guys thinking of holding it?

Edit: Also, Reddit is still getting refresh trigger happy. Is Obama still bombing it?
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    Nathan said:

Thank you so much, all of you, for your support of us and for your interest. We really want to do right for the community who loves this game, and for who this game is sacrosanct. You guys rule.

Thank you as well for your respect of the fanbase, and the understanding that to some veterans of the series, the game is somewhat of a precious idol, or as much as a game can be.

KholdstareSilverstar
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    :) I think it's the European wave sort of hitting it. But yeah, I found this particularly apropos: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/z1gr1/i_feel_sorry_for_all_the_other_amas_today/
    Cuv
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    @Schneidend: You must be happy - they seemed to provide a detailed description of the blackguard and it sounds pretty kickass.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @Silence

Freaking giddy! Just posted a thread with the info for the benefit of others who want to know.

Really hope Poison Weapon is available at level 1 to help with that damn wizard at the entrance to the Friendly Arm Inn.
    Moira
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @Schneidend If you can justify it to yourself, on the second floor of Wintrop's inn, immediately behind the stairs you can bash open a locked area that has a chest making you immune to mental status affects like fear. This helps taking on that first mage a LOT.
    @Dragonspear

Not necessary, because the Blackguard kit is immune to Fear. Muahahaha!
    @Schneidend True but for me if I do that then it becomes harder for me to justify Dorn. Not to mention if I want to bring evil big brother in ToB I kinda need a thief. That said a ToB party of: Dorn, Sarevok, Korgan, Edwin, Viconia and an Assassin could just be all sorts of cool.
    SchneidendMoira
    Agreed, agreed. I'm not sure what to do about Dorn. I really want to try him out, but I also want to make a PC Blackguard. I've made WAY too many Berserkers, Barbarians, and Blades over the years.

...All these classes I play start with the letter b... o_o
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    RedGuard said:

I'm hoping the mods can collect the Q&A in this thread later in bullet points. Reddit is **** mess to read.

Yes, please!

SophianooberRisingsunRedGuard
    Maybe you should make a half-orc assassin to join him Schenidend. Of course then you're stuck with subpar charisma.
    Anton

Maybe you should make a half-orc assassin to join him Schenidend. Of course then you're stuck with subpar charisma.

I don't think I can ever play a low-charisma villain as a PC. Even my Chaotic Evil genasi that occasionally eats people has a 14+ Charisma usually, more for how easily he can scare and unsettle people than how charming he is, but still.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Agreed, agreed. I'm not sure what to do about Dorn. I really want to try him out, but I also want to make a PC Blackguard. I've made WAY too many Berserkers, Barbarians, and Blades over the years.

...All these classes I play start with the letter b... o_o

Maybe you should take Dorn in your party with your PC being a Beastmaster? ;-)

• neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    I'm just happy they got to answer my question about fights between the new npcs. :) i really want an ideologically diverse party and ofc i'm dying to try all the new quests in the first run.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    OverhaulNathan:
    New content! we're adding 3 new NPC's, a new class kit, and two new adventures - one of which has been announced, the Black Pits, a stand-alone sort of arena adventure and another which Trent has referred to as Adventure Y. More info to come later on that. New voice acting and music to go along with the new areas.

Its not only getting better, its getting even better than better !!!!!
    DragonspearCuv
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I like to think it was you guys who brought down reddit, and stopped obama AMA :p