who is and how do you get baeloth?

I need answers!!!

Comments

• CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Oh sweet. Thanks!
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    edited January 2015
    Does he have banters? IF yes, how many?

How is the relationship between him and the main character?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Scourge said:

I can't remember whether he has banters with other NPCs, but he acts like a cowardly weasel and clown in BG1 - in sharp contrast to his flagrantly evil persona in the Black Pits. However, he is probably the most useful and efficient spellcaster in the game.

Because Baeloth is a drow, he causes you to lose 2 rep points every time that he is accepted into the party. If your rep goes over 18, instead of instantly splitting with the party, he will beg to be allowed to stay - and if you accept, it will cause your rep to drop back down under 18, to levels that are "acceptable" to him.
  • ScourgeScourge Member Posts: 97
    Thanks for the answer.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

Scourge said:

I can't remember whether he has banters with other NPCs, but he acts like a cowardly weasel and clown in BG1 - in sharp contrast to his flagrantly evil persona in the Black Pits. However, he is probably the most useful and efficient spellcaster in the game.

Because Baeloth is a drow, he causes you to lose 2 rep points every time that he is accepted into the party. If your rep goes over 18, instead of instantly splitting with the party, he will beg to be allowed to stay - and if you accept, it will cause your rep to drop back down under 18, to levels that are "acceptable" to him.
    Interesting. Does this mean that your rep will never go over 18, and thus evil characters will always stick around?
  • FrdNwsmFrdNwsm Member Posts: 1,069
    Given the fact that he was a PIA to me in the Pits, and was still obnoxious even after having been exiled from the Underdark, I took great pleasure in killing his Drow butt rather than recruiting him. Got a Robe of the Evil Archmagi out of it. Unfortunately, it's worth 10,000 gold, but no one seems to want to buy it. Oh well.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    FrdNwsm said:

Got a Robe of the Evil Archmagi out of it. Unfortunately, it's worth 10,000 gold, but no one seems to want to buy it. Oh well.

It is because it's marked as Stolen (and almost nobody buys stolen stuff in BG1). Try selling it to thieves.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Scourge said:

He doesn't have banters per-se, but he does comment on various areas throughout the game as you enter them. Usually these are plot central areas, such as the Undercity or Baldur's Gate.