Skip to content

Android compatible mods?

Is there a compreensive list of which mods I can install for my android copy? And how to install them also? The game has been released for a few months already but I seem to be getting a hard time finding such info. I tried googling before registering an account here and found nothing but passing mention that most mods(specially the weidu ones) won't work. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• JRHigleyJRHigley Member Posts: 16
    I have not seen a comprehensive list for Android. I have had success editing saved games and dropping edited .2da files into my override folder. (If I can do it, anyone can!) Mod them on Windows OS then copy them to my Nexus 7.

I would recommend you take a look at page 24 of this thread on EE Keeper for starters:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p24

Make sure you are familiar with what the various .2da files do. Recommended reading:

http://gemrb.org/iesdp/files/2da/2da_tob/index.htm

NearInfinity also works like a charm.

I've been able to pull out and modify the following .2da files in Windows, copy them to my Android override folder and work successfully in game:

DEXMOD.2da - Adjusing the table to follow a 3e progresssion: (ability-10)/2
    HPCONBON.2da - Same (Though be careful with the negative modifiers on this one - you can slay NPCs)
    STRMOD.2da - Same
    STRMODEX.2da - Same for exceptional strength (I flattened this one, only increasing the weight allowance)

PROFS.2da - Number of proficiency points received at first level and the rate at which they acquire more.

PROFSMAX.2da - The number of pips that can be added at level 1 and at later levels.
    WEAPPROF.2da - Same. I have not experimented to find out how these two files interact.

STYLEBONUS.2da - What 1-2-3 pips do for weapon stlye proficiency (Mostly +AC to sword and shield)

THAC0.2da - To follow the 3e progression (+1, 3/4, 1/2 per level for warior, thief/priest, and mage)

CLSWPBON.2da - What classes receive receive extra attacks with specialization (can fix Swashbuckler)
    WSPATCK.2da - Adjust attack progression rate for specialization (GM fix)
    WSPECIAL.2da - Change to-hit, damage, and speed factor bonuses for weapon speciaization

XPLEVEL.2da - Change the xp cahrts to match the warrior progression (2000, 4000, 8000, etc.)

Anyway, there is a lot you can do just with moving 2da files into your override folder.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The only type of modding you can do on Android and non-jailbroken iOS devices is via the override folder (the Portraits one in the case of iOS), which is what @JRHigley already mentioned. You can't edit the dialog.tlk so normally WeiDU mods won't work very well. Basically, everything that work by just being dropped in the override folder works. If it needs to edit the dialog.tlk or to alter on of the game's .bif files, then's it's out.
  • bountyhunterbountyhunter Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, sadly it seems most mods come as an executable this day. I would love it if there were a comprehensible list of mods that use the override folder though.

I have been using eekeeper and nothing else.
  • T2avT2av Member Posts: 202

Yeah, sadly it seems most mods come as an executable this day. I would love it if there were a comprehensible list of mods that use the override folder though.

I have been using eekeeper and nothing else.

Did you find any? I've been looking for some time as I am on android. I really just want to change my avatar.. Cruz fighter/theives look wrong to me.. I want a hood :neutral: