Skip to content

Haer Dalis pickpocket skill stopped increasing

Hi!
His pickpocket skill was 42 and then I added the pickpocket gloves (+20). Now he has 62 regardless of if he's wearing the gloves or not and his skill does not increase when I level up. What should he have at level 20? Is this a bug? /J

Comments

• reap_iireap_ii Member Posts: 43
    edited February 2015
    Pickpocket skill goes up as you put points into it. What you have at level 20 will vary depending on allocation of those points.

Edit: im dumb i was thinking thief not blade/bard.
    Post edited by reap_ii on
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Nope, as he only has one skill they should be allocated automatically. And, even if I hadn't allocated any points, the game would not let me exit the level up screen... /J
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Odd... at level 21 my Haer'Dalis has 182 in pick pockets...

Are you having him wear that Melodic Chain? It applies a 20 point penalty to pick pockets so you may be getting mixed up if you are rearranging his gloves and armor. I am not noticing anything wrong in my game though.
    But that still doesn't explain why he doesn't get any pickpocket points when he levels up.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Tresset said:

Odd... at level 21 my Haer'Dalis has 182 in pick pockets

Do you have any mods installed which alter the skill progression table of bards?

In an unmodded game the bard's pick pocket skill stops advancing at level 16. You can check the file SKILLBRD.2DA in NI if you want to be sure. Blades only get one half of normal pick pocket skill. So after adding race and DEX bonuses, a value of 60 sounds right for Haer'Dalis.
    Ah, that explains it! Thank you very much!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Oh yeah, I had forgotten that I just had him drink a bunch of master thievery potions.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Now if only there was anything actually worth pickpocketing... at all. Anywhere. :/
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Lord_Tansheron - in BG1 there's very little to pickpocket (the Ring of Free Action comes to mind, but not much else), but in BG2 there's loads to pickpocket. A few useful items, and quite a lot of stuff (occasionally pretty valuable stuff) to sell.