Skip to content

Hey, check this out in the "Challenges and Playthroughs" subforum

Hi, I'm trying to promote my old friend @CharlestonianTemplar . He's been posting minimal and no reload playthroughs since our shared old days in the Bioware forums, long before EE or this forum came out.

I sent him a PM trying to get him to post more, and to advertise his prolific body of BG runs, but I've decided to take a chance and post publiclly. I really, really hope that he will not be offended at my presumption to become his agent. I think he has a great undiscovered treasure trove of posted BG runs, and he is one of the most experienced and insightful players around.

He is also a military man, and he often posts in the style of a military debrief or report, as though Charname is a lower ranking officer debriefing "the Brass." His Charname's run the gamut from revered hero to reviled villain.

Check out his latest here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33964/mythical-historical-hero-challenges-minimum-reload-spoiler-warning#latest

Here's my message to him:

Hi, old friend. Are you still actively serving in the military? If so, thank you for defending the rest of us.

I remember really liking your military debriefing report style of posting your BG runs, from our shared participation on the old Bioware forums, from at least a few years before EE ever came out.

I think you deserve a LOT more attention for your multitude of posted runs than you're getting. You're one of the most prolific posters of journalized runs to ever play Baldur's Gate, yet painfully few people know about you. You should be a forum star, just like Blackraven.

One of Blackraven's secrets is that he created his own thread in the General Discussion forums. That General Discussion forum has thousands or more people checking it per day than the relatively dead "Challenges and Playthroughs" forum. So, you are posting your hard work and your vast body of journaled runthroughs in a sub-forum that gets precious little traffic.

I strongly suggest you create your own thread, titled something like "Charlestonian Templar's Military Minimal Reload Runs - Journals from the Front Lines". You know, you need a hook, and to publicize yourself.

You deserve a bigger readership, and more exposure.

I might also suggest maybe going through just a few conversational threads each day, and clicking "like", "agree", or "insightful" on some of them. People notice who give them approval, and if they come to know you as somebody who gives them points and appreciation, they will be very likely to read your runs and give you back what you give out. :)

I hope you won't be offended, but I'm going to post this out where people can see it. Like I said, you deserve some recogition. I think you're one of BG's greatest undiscovered treasures of experience and great BG runs.

Sigh. I'm taking a big chance here. I really, really hope I'm not offending CT, or getting myself in trouble with the forum adminstation by making a post that directly concerns another forum member.

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Well isn’t this neat. I had not noticed that one before. I only had time for a quick look at the beginning just now, but it looks very interesting. Bookmarked! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Haha I wouldn't call myself a star, though I agree that @CharlestonianTemplar's playthroughs are great reads that deserve more readers, thanks to his very own (military) reporting style and his honest roleplaying (something I don't always have the patience for). Also, he plays no-reload, so there's always the exciting uncertainty: will Charname survive another day?

CKT, you could move your thread to the General Discussions section as @BelgarathMTH suggested by editing your current topic's title and changing the sub-forum.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    *stickied