Skip to content

Ain't No Party Like a Moonhelm Party

Yes, yes, yet another IWD party setup post. How unusual. Anyhoo, this is (one of) my potential party setups for Icewind Dale. As a side note, I didn't realise how many custom portraits I was using in the original until I went to find them for this thread. And sadly, I have very little clue as to where most of them came from, except to say that they were part of one, or many portrait packs I'd downloaded over the years and had been sitting on my old PC for aeons. Even my minutes - yes, actual whole minutes - of research failed to turn up much, except to say that Vada i believe is from Neverwinter Nights, and Saralie's portrait may be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/fantasy-art-and-portraits/3103750430/

The rest are a hodgepodge of original game portraits and mysterious apparitions. All credit of course to original artists, and cookies and muffins to those who actually have a clue where I stole them from.

So, onward!

Willard Moonhelm

Male Lawful Good Human Paladin

Party leader, a young squire from a prestigious family of paladins...and one supremely evil sorcerer who terrorised generations of nations as a lich, but nobody speaks of Fester anymore. Heroic, brave, and really really ridiculously goodlooking. Eager to prove himself, uphold the Moonhelm name and sadly, as dumb as a box of spanners and has lived an extremely sheltered life up to this point. Evil everywhere, beware!

Vada Rockhammer

Female Neutral Good Dwarven Fighter/Cleric

The voice of party reason, patient and wise, but headstrong. Enjoys theosophical and religious debates. Assigned by her temple elders to accompany and protect a young Paladin on a quest to the Northern Wilds, funnily enough, just as she was beginning to question the direction and interpretation of the faith that the systematic patriarchy in place was taking her church in. Quite why her Goddess has decided that she should look after naive pretty paladins, incorrigible kleptomaniacs, insatiable elven lotharios, oblivious herb smoking hippies and anachronist fourth wall breaking bards in somewhat beyond her.

Saralie Slamblade

Female Chaotic Neutral Halfling Thief

An evil tempered light fingered child of the cities, Saralie decided on a whim to steal away with Vada after the warrior priestess had informed her she would no longer be at the temple where Saralie often slept and stole from the collection plates. Enticed by what she presumed would be the untouched riches of the north, she dreams of riding back into the city, pockets spilling gold, on the back of her own tame Remorhaz. Plus, as she wouldn't admit even to herself, she couldn't quite bear to be separated from her only friend, even if she is a beardless dwarf with a fondness for religion.

Eamonn.

Male True Neutral Human Druid

Amiable man of nature who went on pilgrimage by mistake. Wandered off following a wolf trail, got lost and ended up in the Ten Towns of Icewind Dale. Eamonn is a hopelessly optimistic soul for whom happiness is always just around the next corner. He likes helping people, exploring, wolf puppies, snow, trees, fish, beings of all shapes and sizes, fresh fruit, yetis, and anything else that comes across his meandering path.

Carandil

Male Chaotic Neutral Elven Enchanter

Seduced by the thought of wild northern women and their homemade brews, Carandil eagerly sought out the opportunity to venture North. Lives for wine, women and song, and for making extraordinarily bad decisions, usually involving the three of them. Sadly for him, he rarely gets to enjoy any of them.

Hans Darwin

Male Chaotic Neutral Human Bard

A Dashing fellow with a truly magnificent moustache, Hans never stays in one place for too long, both for his fondness for truly annoying songs and his knack for mortally insulting the wrong people. A born storyteller and bon vivant, he could not resist the lure of fame, fortune and adventure promised to him by the quest of Willard Moonhelm.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Looks like a fun group. For the record, I'm pretty sure Saralie's portrait is also from Neverwinter Nights, and Hans's definitely is.
  • rufus_hobartrufus_hobart Member Posts: 490
    Ha, many thanks Jarrakul, couldn;t quite remember, I thought Saralie's may have been but couldn;t find a definitive answer one way or t'other, and Hans makes sense, fits in with the others. Thankee kindly, muffins are coming your way as promised!
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited September 2014
    Hahaha! Oh boy, did you read my play through of the first level of Durlags? :P You'll fit right in. . . :P
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    All that fine shorty tail wandering around and Moonhelm manages to hold to his Paladin oaths eh? ;)
    @Varwulf‌

Haha, Willard is a fine upstanding young man who would never dream of breaking his holy oaths...well, that, plus he's far too busy staring at himself in his finely polished shield, and it's suspected he's somewhat of an inherently racist bastard having only really lived with humans before.
    @CaloNord‌

thankee kindly, I was far too lazy to look it up for myself.
  • ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    `Female Neutral Good Dwarven Fighter/Cleric`

pointy ears and no beard ??

ugliest dorf ive ever clapt me eyes on!

`Female Neutral Good Dwarven Fighter/Cleric`

pointy ears and no beard ??

ugliest dorf ive ever clapt me eyes on!

Ha! Another reason for her expulment, err pilgramage. Them beardy dwarf fellas were a little suspicious about her heritage.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Woo-hoo, Rufus is back with his story!

Some feedback from me: While this is an excellent colour and reminds me about D2 a lot , this is hardly readable. Maybe use CornflowerBlue instead?
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Excellent! You had me laughing loud enough this morning that my husband had to come see too. I like your idea to use the different colors. It does help me as a reader keep track of who is talking.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Wow! I totally missed out on this gem. Keep it up! =D
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Bahaha this is epic! I especially like the idea of the 'second rate not Morgan Freeman narrator'. Hans is still my favourite! :D