Skip to content

Custom Portraits On MAC OSX 10.7+

MukuroMukuro Member Posts: 4
How do I import a custom portrait for my character on Mac?

I have clicked "Show Package Contents" and then made a "Portraits" folder next to (and also inside) the "Contents" folder and inserted the portrait that I want for my character. However, I still get no option to use it. There is no "Custom" button during character creation and the "Import" button is blacked out during portrait selection. Help!

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Have a look at this thread, and vary the location depending which game you are dealing with.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36241/heres-how-to-use-custom-portraits-in-iwdee
  • MukuroMukuro Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, I didn't mention it was BG2:EE. The advice on the linked thread, however, doesn't seem to work.

1. Created "Portraits" folder in Applications/Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition
    2. Added .bmp files with correct dimensions labelled CharL.bmp and CharM.bmp to the folder
    3. Open game, attempt to create a new character
    4. No "Custom" button appears, no options are given to change portrait from defaults

(There is no BG2:EE folder in "Documents" in Mac as that thread suggests; it's in Applications instead, and it's less a folder than an Application you have to specifically open using "Show Package Contents".)

Am I missing something?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    You are using the game executable location and need to be in the game documents location. I don't have a mac so am working blind here but all results I find point to it being in your documentd folder.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16320/mac-faq/p1
    e.g.
    Where are save games and the .ini located?
    ~/Documents/Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
    Extra portraits are stored here as well, although you'll need to create a "Portraits" folder.
  • MukuroMukuro Member Posts: 4
    Sorry, you're right. There are two "Documents" folders in OS X...a general one and one hidden under "Users", and that's the one I needed to be mucking with. Thank you very much!