Skip to content

items disappearing when traveling between areas

hello everyone!
to me it happens randomly, and only when stacked in gem+potion bag/scroll case...
I ran a few tests, and it looks like when you travel from a outer area (WK, for example) your only option is to get every item out into your inventory while when you travel from within the city you can bypass the issue by choosing a different district to go to...

anyhoo, it's bugging really because no one checks their bags every time they switch area and this delates quest items too...

Comments

• Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @Tidus. I'm not sure, but I have the same problem in vanilla BG. The reason was, that I had two or more same bags in area - one in inventory & one on the ground, or in the chest. May be you have this case too...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    It could be switching to another case with the same ID which is stored elsewhere.
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    @Saigon1983 , @wubble ,
    maybe, but most of the times it leaves behind something...
    like, for example, I usually hoard scrolls of magic protection and protection from undead early on and the last time happened traveling from Trademeet to the Gate Dristrict: most scrolls and gems were deleted, but those were still in the case (only one scroll of protection from undead went awol)...
    @Tidus (sorry for my english, cause I'm from Russia). I think, than this happens, because of definite number in your bag stock. For example: you have 6 scrolls in your current bag, and 3 scrolls in some other bag with same id. Then first three scrolls will be deleted from your bag. I'm not quite sure about correct mechanic of this calculations, but the base principle is similar to what I try to explain
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    @Saigon1983 ,
    I see. you mean that if in the same area there are 2 scroll cases (mine and a merchant's for instance), with the same item code (say, 'bag04') then by exiting the area the game will match the n. of scrolls within...
    only, bags and cases are sold empty so this doesn't account for the scrolls/gems left in there :neutral:
    sigh
    edited February 2015
    @Tidus cases, that aren't sold don't cause troubles. But if you buy 2 scroll cases from one merchant at same time and fill them both with some spells, than may be an issue
    So, try to buy only one case from one merchant. If you need another one, buy it from someone else