Skip to content

Failing the Verification after download

XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
Hello, I'm trying to redownload and reinstall the game after a lengthy hiatus, and I'm finding an issue that will not even let me install BG: EE. Every time I type in my email and the password, I get an error message saying, "Verification failed for unknown reasons." I did some searching and saw that someone else was having some issues, and it was posted that he should send a PM to someone, so I did the same, however after a few days I have yet to receive a response. I then realized that thread was over 2 years old and perhaps I should be contacting someone else, so I'm reaching out to the entire community for a little assistance. If anyone can help me with this issue I would be grateful :)

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    E-mail support@beamdog.com.

If you're using the standalone installer, you could also try the Beamdog client.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    edited March 2015
    @Jalily So I've contacted the beamdog support and they are being ridiculously slow, and unhelpful, alluding to other issues that have nothing do with mine. If I can't get this to work within the next week, would it be possible to contact someone to just get a different copy of it? And do you know if having it installed on a different computer would somehow keep it from installing on this one?

AND i tried signing in on the beamdog client and it's saying can't sign in for unknown reasons... don't know what the hell is going on.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Xavioria said:

If I can't get this to work within the next week, would it be possible to contact someone to just get a different copy of it?

Yes. You can request an exchange with a Steam copy (again through support).
    Xavioria said:

And do you know if having it installed on a different computer would somehow keep it from installing on this one?

No, that shouldn't affect anything.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    So I tried contacting support AGAIN a couple of days ago, thinking that perhaps during the weekend they don't answer emails, but this is monday aternoon, and still nothing. I can't believe I'm just being left to my own devices and I'm becoming very agitated with these issues, however I DID try another thing to get into playing the game:

I attempted to install using a different account, but none of those accounts will log in, giving me the same error messages. This sounds like an issue with my computer as opposed to the beamdog clients. Any ideas on what it could be?