Skip to content

Help with Bandoth

How do i get Bandoth's quest? The right dialogue options never appear when i speak to him.

Comments

• grogersongrogerson Member Posts: 116
    When you talk to him the first time, keep asking questions about the area until he won't answer anything else unless you will do him a favor. Whatever you do, don't offend him.

In vanilla IWD the quest won't come up if you have the Razorvine extract in you inventory. The IWD Fixpack changed this, and I believe that change is incorporated in IWDEE. If the quest doesn't come up and you have the extract, go to a save before talking to him, drop the extract, then talk to him to see if the quest comes up.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I tried and it doesn't work.
  • IchthyicIchthyic Member Posts: 89
    Is it possible that all your characters are so low in charisma the option never comes up?

I don't know if there is a charisma check in that dialogue or not. I spoke with him with my bard and the option popped up after i asked him to tell me what he knows about the lower tunnels.
    Ichthyic said:

Is it possible that all your characters are so low in charisma the option never comes up?

I don't know if there is a charisma check in that dialogue or not. I spoke with him with my bard and the option popped up after i asked him to tell me what he knows about the lower tunnels.

I did talk to him with my Skald with 18 charisma but it doesn't work.
  • xizorxizor Member Posts: 89
    edited November 2017
    I have the same problem, the dialog option doesn't appear.

I have the Razorvine extract (dropping it doesn't help) and I've already been in the Wyrm's Tooth Glacier.

Is this quest inaccessible after reaching a certain point? If so, is there any way to get it via console?

EDIT:

ok, I found it with Near Infinity. C:SetGlobal(Bandoth_Quest,"GLOBAL",0) helped. Also I found this:

IF
    PartyHasItem("KALABAC") // Kalabac's Journal
    Global("BANDOTH_QUEST","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("BANDOTH_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)
    Continue()
    END

If I understand correctly, picking up Kalabac's Journal locks this quest?
    Post edited by xizor on
    xizor said:

I have the same problem, the dialog option doesn't appear.

I have the Razorvine extract (dropping it doesn't help) and I've already been in the Wyrm's Tooth Glacier.

Is this quest inaccessible after reaching a certain point? If so, is there any way to get it via console?

EDIT:

ok, I found it with Near Infinity. C:SetGlobal(Bandoth_Quest,"GLOBAL",0) helped. Also I found this:

IF
    PartyHasItem("KALABAC") // Kalabac's Journal
    Global("BANDOTH_QUEST","GLOBAL",0)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobal("BANDOTH_QUEST","GLOBAL",3)
    Continue()
    END

If I understand correctly, picking up Kalabac's Journal locks this quest?

Those pesky glitches.
  • kenshin531kenshin531 Member Posts: 1
    You cannot unlock the Razorvine Quest once you defeated Terikan. You can still unlock it even though you have gotten Terikan's phylactery but hadnt defeated him totally by getting into Jamoth's tomb