Skip to content

Rogue Rebalancing OSX

st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
Hello, I've been lurking around the modding forums for some time now, but now I'm stuck in a bit of a spot.

I'm attempting to install Rogue Rebalancing on OS X (purchased through the App Store) and have been having nothing but issues with it thus far. I've successfully installed plenty of other mods, using WeiDu to much success, but this one baffles me. The download for RR on OS X doesn't supply all of the same files that I've found most mods to have. (Very specifically a '.command' file)

The error lines I'm receiving are:

Installing [Thief kit revisions] [v4.80]
In state 1306, I expected one of these tokens:
[36] PLUS
[46] BEGIN
[61] LT
[73] MINUS
[95] BASR
[121] GT
[133] BXOR
[142] DIVIDE
[170] BLSR
[190] BOR
[196] BLSL
[214] QUESTION
[217] TIMESTIMES
[256] OR
[272] AND
[284] TIMES
[292] EQUALSEQUALS
[312] LTE
[338] THEN
[342] BAND
[364] EQUALS
[379] GTE
[381] NOTEQUALS
Parse error (state 1306) at ~~

[rr/lib/rr#afix.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 73 column 1-29
Near Text: ~soa~
GLR parse error

[rr/lib/rr#afix.tph] ERROR at line 73 column 1-29
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [rr/lib/rr#afix.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Thief kit revisions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 1.
Uninstalled 0 files for [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 1.
In state 1306, I expected one of these tokens:
[36] PLUS
[46] BEGIN
[61] LT
[73] MINUS
[95] BASR
[121] GT
[133] BXOR
[142] DIVIDE
[170] BLSR
[190] BOR
[196] BLSL
[214] QUESTION
[217] TIMESTIMES
[256] OR
[272] AND
[284] TIMES
[292] EQUALSEQUALS
[312] LTE
[338] THEN
[342] BAND
[364] EQUALS
[379] GTE
[381] NOTEQUALS
Parse error (state 1306) at ~~

[rr/lib/rr#afix.tph] PARSE ERROR at line 73 column 1-29
GLR parse error

[rr/lib/rr#afix.tph] ERROR at line 73 column 1-29
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [rr/lib/rr#afix.tph]: Parsing.Parse_error
Error Uninstalling [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2] component 1:
Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
PLEASE report the error message in the file SETUP-RR.DEBUG to Wisp, www.shsforums.net
Using Language [English]

Install Component [Thief kit revisions]?
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? q
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [RR/SETUP-RR.TP2]: Failure("No rule to identify IWDEE")

FATAL ERROR: Failure("No rule to identify IWDEE")

So, any ideas?

Thank you in advanced

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    It's an old version of WeiDU. Get the latest one from here, rename the executable name weidu to setup-rr, open Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app), type in cd and drag-and-drop the folder where the game's resources are (so it puts the path in the console), press enter, type ./setup-rr, press enter and WeiDU should start RR's installation normally.
    st_live418jackjack
  • st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the quick reply. I wouldn't have guessed it being an outdated WeiDu binary, just because it worked well for installing the other mods that I installed before attempting RR. But downloading the new binary got it working properly. THANK YOU!!
  • Rollingd20sRollingd20s Member Posts: 11

Thanks for the quick reply. I wouldn't have guessed it being an outdated WeiDu binary, just because it worked well for installing the other mods that I installed before attempting RR. But downloading the new binary got it working properly. THANK YOU!!

Each mod comes with its own copy of weidu. The safest course it to replace whatever copy of weidu came with the mod with the newest one, using the steps CrevsDaak gave you.
    jackjack
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    jackjackst_live418

(Or, if you're on OS X, just keep a single copy of the latest version of WeiDu, named "weidu," and use my launcher app:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17717/tool-easy-mod-installer-weidu-launcher-for-os-x#latest

I actually have used your launcher before. I like it a lot and about my only motivation to do things the more manual way most of the time is familiarize myself with the terminal commands more. (I'd like to create a few mods myself at some point)

@Rollingd20s I had downloaded what I thought to be to most updated WeiDu off of the main WeiDu page. Though that seems to not be the case, or I'm slow haha
    jackjack
    st_live418

Honestly all my Launcher does is open Terminal, populate it with the correct folder location (which can be a pain to type or to 'drag' into the window), and type in the "dot slash setup dot mod"etc. stuff. It's purely for convenience.

Then I may need to reconsider how sparsely I'm using it. Thanks for the info.

As for the .tp2 files, I had actually started looking at them before I posted my question. I can't claim to be good at any sort of coding, but I'm a smart enough guy to figure out most things. I gave it a glance, and while I couldn't figure out what I wanted to, some things started to make a little bit of sense. I'll have to take a look at G3. I got most of my mods from there but haven't really navigated too far from the download pages.
    st_live418
    @subtledoctor Thank you for all the info and the resources! This is going to be a big help, I may be able to produce something a little sooner than I expected to. Now I've got ideas swimming in my head. Maybe I could use my new play through as a testing ground to get familiar with some basic things...