Skip to content

[Windows - Steam/Android] - 50 hours In - All The Sudden Can't Zone

SpoolSpool Member Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.3)
I am currently stuck in Baldur's Gate and can not zone (specifically working on going to meet Marek after completing the Lothander portion of the quest) , if I revert to a previous save, it works for a time being and then the bug appears again. This includes in to a building or in to another map area, I click, but the characters all just stand there.

No notification of "you must gather your party" is being displayed when I do attempt to zone with less than my full party.

When I copy the save files over to the android version, I am having the same issue (used to work without an issue, had dropbox auto-syncing saves)

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I cannot repro this issue on my PC using your saved games. Could you perhaps give any more details about what happened immediately prior to this bug or any other details you could think of?
  • SpoolSpool Member Posts: 3
    Weird, I've reinstalled off Steam and it persists. I had just spoken with Lothander and got his portion of the antidote and started zoning around BG to find the inn with marek.

It originally happened on my tablet (shield) and I figured it may have just been an android bug and that I would save and continue on my PC when I got home, tried it a few days later on my PC and found I was unable to zone on there as well.

Basically my party is collected and I can click endlessly on the edge of the screen (and the zone icon is displayed) and the map will not open and I don't have any dialogue that informs me of any issues. Same goes for doors, I can click to open them, but then not to enter them.

Game was playing excellently between both platforms up to this point.
  • SpoolSpool Member Posts: 3
    Going to remove the ini and any other left overs besides the save and reinstall again, doing the same on my android, will report back.

Would hate to restart at this point.