Skip to content

Biographies

Heh, just noticed the premade biography is different according to class and race :)
It's a very neat feature!
I actually like them too.

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    They are pretty nifty. It's amazing how much writing went into the game, even for things that not every player would notice immediately.
  • CaeDaresCaeDares Member Posts: 182
    If you open your inventory and click on your character you get another full description. It's pretty neat if I do say so myself.
  • SkieSkie Member Posts: 90
    I'm still trying to find a name for my half orc before I start my new full EE playthrough. :)
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Piggy Pugnacious, Porcine Purveyor of Pugilism and Prognostic Prevarications

Boom! Awesome name achieved. No need to thank me! ;)
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Grum.

It's perfect, no?
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    CaeDares said:

If you open your inventory and click on your character you get another full description. It's pretty neat if I do say so myself.

Er ... what? I'd never noticed "another full description" that you can get by a "click on your character", so I tried doing what you described, but without result. Could you clarify, please?

CaeDares said:

Er ... what? I'd never noticed "another full description" that you can get by a "click on your character", so I tried doing what you described, but without result. Could you clarify, please?
    In the inventory screen, where you equip all your gear, you have your character in the middle where it shows a display of him / her. Click on him/her and in the box that normally tells you when you can't equip an item will appear a large sum of text for you to read.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    CaeDares said:

CaeDares said:

In the inventory screen, where you equip all your gear, you have your character in the middle where it shows a display of him / her. Click on him/her and in the box that normally tells you when you can't equip an item will appear a large sum of text for you to read.
    @CaeDares Heh, that actually sounds like a known bug with the games...
    Tresset said:
    That is what I was talking about, except it wasn't a bug. I just click on the display of Charname by accident and the biography popped up.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Sounds like it is a bug to me because I don't think that is supposed to happen.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Thanks for the clarification, @CaeDares. I've tested it and can confirm that this effect definitely doesn't happen for me.

Since it happens for you but doesn't happen for me, @Tresset must be right that there's a bug.
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    It's the little things, no? The pre-made Black Pits party has good biographies, if you're interested.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100

It's the little things, no? The pre-made Black Pits party has good biographies, if you're interested.

That it does! Thanks for sharing that. It's too bad that the second didn't have that too.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309

It never crossed my mind to even look at that. I'll have to give it a look. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Unfortunately biographies in general in both BG:EE and IWD:EE are still buggy as hell. A little more frustrating in IWD (for me anyway) since you're creating each character. If you write something you like, be sure to keep it in a save log, as there are some issues with exported characters maintaining a custom bio.