Skip to content

#12064 [All] Party members should verbally acknowledge attack orders.

ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
edited March 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
1. Start a game with the default party.
2. Select Gorris.
3. Select Gorris's fists.
4. Select Baern.

Observed:
Gorris attacks Baern without verbally acknowledging the order.

Expected:
Gorris acknowledges the attack order just as he would a move order.

Notes:
1. The expected behavior is how it worked in the original Icewind Dale.
2. This applies to attack orders given to single characters only, not a selected group.

Original Report:

Observed:
When a single character is selected, giving an attack order results in the character saying nothing.

Expected:
Giving an attack order results in the character acknowledging the order in the same way move order are acknowledged. This should trigger once after each selection if the "Command Sounds" option is set to "seldom", and always trigger if the option is set to "always".

However, when multiple characters are selected, vanilla IWD did not trigger a reply on attack orders. This could either be considered a bug or not. I would say not because multiple characters are selected for most attack orders, and changing the behavior would result in a lot more replies compared to vanilla. But one could argue otherwise.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    If you are referring to battlecries (i.e. "Here I come... and the Hells come with me!" for HoW_Male1), that's not how it worked in the original Icewind Dale.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited March 2015
    @AlexT
    No, it is not what he is saying.
    In the vanilla game, if you select a character and order him/her to attack an enemy, he/she replied with one of his/her command sounds.
    In the Enhanced Edition, he/she stays silent.
    This change has been introduced for some strange reasons in BGEE and it has been ported to BG2EE and IWDEE.
    I think that the original behaviour should be restored.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited March 2015
    Yes, exactly.

The original was somewhat inconsistent though. For attack orders, you would only get a reply if only one character was selected, whereas for move orders you get a reply from the first character regardless of how many are selected.