Skip to content

Officer Vai is quite the spender

AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
edited March 2013 in Fixed
Current behaviour:
Officer Vai in the Jovial Juggler Inn opens up a trade menu, and will buy several items (not limited to bandit scalps). All items (including, for example, plate armors) are bought at double pricing, allowing you to make a *lot* of money.

Expected behaviour:
Officer Vai only buys bandit scalps, perhaps similar to how winter wolf pelts are bought in the Nashell Store.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• DafojkDafojk Member Posts: 111
    edited December 2012
    She also bought my wyvern heads for 1000gp each - should never have completet her quest and let her go away :)
    Ohh well, gp is not an issue in BG anyways.

Dunno if its bug or a part of the EE that she will buy several other items.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    She's always bought some of the off-beat items for double price, like wyvern heads, but never used to buy armors n such. Definitely an oversight as far as I know.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The store doesn't allow other than scalps, heads, and... books.
    Armors are definitely off the accepted list.
    Do you know a specific example of incorrectly accepted item?

Also, tell me, if you installed some mod that might changed vai's store.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I double-checked her store listing and her buy markup is 100 whereas most stores are set to 50, hence the apparent doubling. She will purchase anything in the "miscellaneous" category, so all the odds and ends that can be sold may be sold here. I'll have to remember that when I get there.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    edited December 2012
    Scrap that, it appears she only buys misc items.
    That does include winter wolf pelts (which makes travelling to Naskell useless since at this point you've probably finished all subquests in Naskell), gem bags, etc.

If this behaviour is intended, then it doesn't make sense she doesn't want to trade if I have no bandit scalps in my inventory. Even then she shouldn't buy *all* misc items at double the price. Still, I think she should only buy bandit scalps.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This is a shortcut from the original game which was not deemed important to fix (it was also known in beta).
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Hehehe. I love selling the Kozah Idol for 100 GP ... Also Melicamp in my evil playthroughs. >:D
  • qcoutlawzqcoutlawz Member Posts: 7
    Quartz said:

Hehehe. I love selling the Kozah Idol for 100 GP ... Also Melicamp in my evil playthroughs. >:D

loll poor life of a talking-chicken sold on black market that will most prob end up in a diner plate

isnt the Kozah idol used for something?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    qcoutlawz said:

isnt the Kozah idol used for something?

It's an Easter Egg in the game. Together with the Ancient Armor it can be exchanged for the sword "The Vampire's Revenge" by the Ghost of Ulcaster.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    This has been fixed. Now Officer Vai will buy only bandit scalps.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    edited March 2015
    So the fix here was to duplicate STOVAI.STO (into STOVAI2.STO) and have the new one only accept item type 39, while MISC86.ITM was changed to that item type.

Why the duplicate? Is there a list of all these "fixes" with documentation?

Just saying because MISC86 is also present in BG2 but not modified.