Skip to content

Our Overhaul AMAA is complete!

Comments

• gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124

@Kholdstare What questions did we miss? I'd like carpet bombing coverage on all questions ;-)
    -Trent

What is planned for the pre and post release marketing of the game? I want a cool cinematic on you tube to tempt all my friends on the fence to buy it =]! How can your fan base best help to market the game? We really want you guys to be uber successful, so please let us know!
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190

Agreed, agreed. I'm not sure what to do about Dorn. I really want to try him out, but I also want to make a PC Blackguard. I've made WAY too many Berserkers, Barbarians, and Blades over the years.

...All these classes I play start with the letter b... o_o

Maybe you should take Dorn in your party with your PC being a Beastmaster? ;-)

If I were a Ranger or Paladin or something, I'd probably make a point to find Dorn and obliterate his ass. Judging from what Trent has said about the reputation Dorn has, I'm guessing killing him will result in a Reputation gain, and recruiting him will result in a big Reputation loss, like -5 or something.
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    edited August 2012
    "Obama'd". Hah, Love it! So I guess our job, house, and health care aren't the only things he can take away...he's taking our games too. ;)
    DragonspearQuartz
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    What's this about an iron crisis? How come the roads are cut off?
    LolaAndreaColombomlneveseQuartz
  • srvksrvk Member Posts: 65
    Sorry I missed the AMA, was there any mention on whether the enemy AI is being improved and (if yes) how?
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    edited August 2012
    Out of curiosity....what is "Obama'd"? Some kind of government shutdown of the broadcast?

And

I really Like Philip Daigle, his sense of humor suits me :)
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    @srvk from my understanding of their answer to that question (I don't have the actual answer handy sorry) but apart from minor things like pathfinding I don't think enemy AI is being improved very much.
    @Immagikman Obama was on reddit doing an AMA at the same time as the Overhaul guys which lead to the servers being somewhat clogged and slowed (though most of us are pretty convinced it was actually the other way around, Obama got Overhauled!) due to the excess of traffic.
    immagikman
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    srvk said:

Sorry I missed the AMA, was there any mention on whether the enemy AI is being improved and (if yes) how?

For the most part, enemy AI is unchanged in the existing game. In The Black Pits, and some of the new areas, there is improved enemy AI.

Keep in mind that a lot of people will play this game for the first time. And for first timers this game can be quite difficult.

I STILL have a fear of bears at levels 1-3. ;)
    immagikmanSophiaalannahsmith
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    Is there a compilation of question/answers anywhere? the best I saw so far was on gamebanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/109309-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-qamaaq-reddit-qaa.html), but I know that isn't that complete.
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    I came too late, i learned about this AMA 12 hour later :(

Please Beamdog, allow me to ask you a simple and straightforward question :

- Do you have plans about a PVP option for multiplayer?
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    I missed the awesome AMMA. :( I am sad.
    Well there is still hopes if you had a really simple and relevant question. I hope they will answer mine about PVP.
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    agris said:

Is there a compilation of question/answers anywhere? the best I saw so far was on gamebanshee (http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/109309-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-qamaaq-reddit-qaa.html), but I know that isn't that complete.

That is an understatement ^_^ I'll attack a compilation tomorrow morning. I could use some help though, it's definitely going to be a looooong way :)
    AndreaColombo
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Medillen - could you please drop my name in the thread you'll create, once it's done? It would be especially handy for me to see it without having to browse the General forum (which I don't always have the time to do) :)
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632
    edited September 2012
    @AndreaColombo owkay though well probably use lordkim's one to start with :)
    @lordkim may I suggest some other presentation ? and a bit of a classification ? What you did is merely pasting the reddit, I had in mind to group answers of the same topic together and try to have a better design overall.

Or I could do another topic with my coding... and merge later with yours ^_^
    AndreaColombolordkim
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited September 2012
    @Medillen
    up to you dude :O)

do what your best at ;)

Ill just watch and learn ;)
    can't someone answer about the pvp :( it's the thing that would convince me to buy BG EE and wait for a PVP update.
  • SubzoeySubzoey Member Posts: 19
    Full blown anticipation at this point! I don't even care that it's not HD anymore. That can all be taken care of in BG 3 WHEN they get the green light. Got the game pre-ordered and waiting for Sept. 18!
  • SubzoeySubzoey Member Posts: 19
    I wonder... If they were to make BG3 would they be forced to use 4th ed. rules by wotc for marketing purposes?
  • The_New_RomanceThe_New_Romance Member Posts: 839
    Subzoey said:

I wonder... If they were to make BG3 would they be forced to use 4th ed. rules by wotc for marketing purposes?

Probably, yes. Or D&D Next, if it's out by then.
  • AliteriAliteri Member Posts: 308
    edited September 2012

Subzoey said:

Probably, yes. Or D&D Next, if it's out by then.
    IMO, 4th is only more likely to happen than 3rd or 1st.

I do think that 2nd will be kept, since one big thing about next seems to be modularity. Or something like that. To keep more people happy.*

*At least from some impressions I read.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    srvk said:

@srvk
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1af7/we_are_overhaul_games_the_team_behind_baldurs/c611yrb

I came too late, i learned about this AMA 12 hour later :(

Please Beamdog, allow me to ask you a simple and straightforward question :

- Do you have plans about a PVP option for multiplayer?

Didnt @TrentOster mention it on his twitter once, that in TBP, you could play against eachother also in multiplayer. ( searching now for the tweet)

@lordkim - IIRC, Trent said the exact opposite: TBP do not support PvP multiplayer.
    @AndreaColombo, ohhh... Then i was mislead :O) Thx for clarifying.
    lordkim said:

@AndreaColombo, ohhh... Then i was mislead :O) Thx for clarifying.

aww damn you, i was so over-exited for a second ;). I till hope they will be a PVP feature, or at least a Coop mode with 2 party of six players (instead of one).

Andrea, you seem to know quite a lot of things about this game, do you know if the devs have PVP planned in the future (for BG2EE, in 4 month)?

edited September 2012

Andrea, you seem to know quite a lot of things about this game, do you know if the devs have PVP planned in the future (for BG2EE, in 4 month)?

Frankly, I have no idea. It is possible, for they are surely aware of the fact that PvP arena fights are in demand, but they never disclosed any information about their plans (then again, if they had, I would probably be forced to silence by a NDA).

Frankly, I have no idea. It is possible, for they are surely aware of the fact that PvP arena fights are in demand, but they never disclosed any information about their plans (then again, if they had, I would probably be forced to silence by a NDA).