Skip to content

Changing your characters mid-campaign in IWDEE? (single player)

Anyone know if this is possible? I think I remember that the original allowed this on single-player.

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited December 2014
    There's a workaround:

1. Move your savegame from the \save folder to the \mpsave folder.
    2. Load the save in multiplayer.
    3. Go to Character Arbitration, change your party, and save the game.
    4. (Optional) Move your save back to the \save folder and continue in single player.
    Shikao
  • Feral_SnowbornFeral_Snowborn Member Posts: 15
    Awesome, thank you. :)
  • Brucepp12Brucepp12 Member Posts: 45
    i am guessing its not possible on IOS??
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    Brucepp12 said:

i am guessing its not possible on IOS??

You may be able to use ifunbox.
    atcDave
  • darkgreenheartdarkgreenheart Member Posts: 2
    My son and I have a similar problem as Feral_Snowborn and greatly appreciate Jalily's suggestion. Is there a solution for OS X? I've looked in the directory through Finder-Applications and have only found a folder called Game Data. Inside that is a numerical folder with a 'decrypt.dll' file and the launcher application.

To complicate things, my son has also deleted all his saved games but is reluctant to either restart the game or move on with only 5 characters. Also, what is with not being able to 'raise dead' on elves? To us, this makes elves unplayable, especially with the lack of single-player character arbitration.

Please can anyone help? Thanks heaps
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @darkgreenheart On OSX your save games should be located in your documents/icewind dale enhanced edition/saves folder. Each save has its own folder.
  • darkgreenheartdarkgreenheart Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Elminster. I finally worked out a decent solution for us, although it did require starting over. We exported the characters we wanted to save, started over and imported them as pre-gens then created the additions we wanted. It'd be really cool to have full arbitration on single-player to continue where a player has reached.
    elminster