Skip to content

Console simply does not work (BG2EE)

RoyBreadRoyBread Member Posts: 4
I've gone through every thread there is on the subject. I've tried every kind of tab there is, every position in the ini stack, yet pressing CTRL+Space in-game yields no results.

I'm on Windows 7 and no, my settings are not being overwritten when launching the game. They just don't work.

Comments

• RoyBreadRoyBread Member Posts: 4
    I tried increasing the FPS through the same ini file and it has no effect. However I've already thought about the possibility of there being a different ini file and searched for it in the typical locations.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited March 2015
    So you are sure that the .ini file has been correctly modified?

If so can you use any commands like ctrl+j (teleport) and ctrl+y (kill)? Also try ctrl+enter instead of ctrl+space.

If none of those work, I suggest that you upload your .ini file here.
    CTRL+Enter worked. Why is the input not the same for every install?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    It should be but Windows might be taking precedence if you have multiple languages defined. I can't find the original thread for this but the one below covers that scenario.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26822/just-a-psa-in-case-anyone-else-spends-two-days-trying-to-get-the-console-working
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Ah yes, Ctrl+Space worked for me on this PC until I had Chinese script enabled, after that it became Ctrl+Enter.
    So this is caused by my system being set to Japanese? Strange issue. Thanks for the help.