Skip to content

Party Optimizations?

So, I'm relatively new to BGI:EE. Last time I tried to beat it, I dualed Imoen to soon and ended up quitting in the middle of Chapter 6. I've been considering a new party:
Charname-neutral evil shadowdancer.
Neera,
Dorn,
Kagain,
and Viconia.
Any ideas for the last party member? Should I just have 5 party member? For the 6th member, I would prefer to have someone neutral or evil. Also, I would like it if they were in BGII:EE as well as I plan to use the same party.

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Edwin is the only other evil npc and that is in BG2 so he is your first option.

However, you may need a secondary thief to make up for your lackluster thieving points so I think Safana changed to Tiax once you reach the city would be more optimized.
    Heindrich
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968

Also, I would like it if they were in BGII:EE as well as I plan to use the same party.

Keep in mind that you can't port over party members into BG2, only your own. Any characters that you come across in BG2 are brand new and are not directly connected to BG1. So it doesn't really matter who you play BG1 with.

Heindrich
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Since you said you are new to the game...

1) I'd recommend that you ask questions in the "New Players (NO SPOILERS!)" part of the forum if you care much about the plot, which I personally think is a big part of the appeal of the BG games.

2) General tip: the game is kinda designed for a "good" playthrough. You have the option to go evil, but most of the time, the good option yields better rewards, especially in BG1.

3) Again if you care about the plot, you should have Imoen with you. It will make more sense in BG2. There is also a "canon party" in BG1 if you care about it, but as @Belanos mentioned, it's not important, game mechanics-wise.

Jaheira, Khalid, Minsc, Dynaheir and Imoen.
    JLeeJuliusBorisov
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I would advice you to take Edwin, or Baeloth, you could also take Tiax, especially if you focus on Hide in Shadows and Move Silently with your Shadowdancer.
    JuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Gotural said:

I would advice you to take Edwin, or Baeloth, you could also take Tiax, especially if you focus on Hide in Shadows and Move Silently with your Shadowdancer.

Can't have Edwin+Neera I'm fairly certain.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Wowo said:

Gotural said:

Even if Neera joins first? I've never tried and can't remember if I read anything about it.
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    I currently have both Edwin and Neera but I don't know what Edwin will do once I do Neera's quest and other red wizards show up. I plan on keeping Edwin and then grabbing Tiax once I get to Baldur's Gate.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Wowo said:

Gotural said:

I thought that was only in BG2, my bad.