Skip to content

can't go on playing IWDEE, not without SCS

There is no difficulty to speak here. (HoF doesn't count. I seek a balanced D&D experience.)
I considered Insane[+ no XP bonus + no damage bonus], but it doesn't make up for the poor AI.

Seriously, there is one -ONE- thing Beamdog had to do: improve the AI.

And there is already precedence for it in the SCS for BG and (and according to @DavidW a half-underway version for IWDEE was already in the works).

I don't mind the money spent. I support the BG series & bought all the games (including the EE versions several times over the years). Will buy again for an AI update if needed.

But for the love of all that is holy, give us an AI that does more than:
"Attack closest enemy till I'm dead, even though 3 feet behind there is a mage that is wiping the floor with us."

Without actively gimping my party, my no-reload, no minmax game is a cakewalk because of the poor AI...

Comments

• ameliabogginsameliaboggins Member Posts: 287
    I know how you feel, its so hard playing a computer game with out the right type of flooring available....really effects ones concentration!

http://www.scs.co.uk/carpets-and-flooring/
  • ManiacalFreakManiacalFreak Member Posts: 20
    You might consider trying my stronger creatures mod. I am playing on insane with no xp bonus and double enemy damage. My party is quite powerful but I'm dying a lot.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Ya know posts like this make me think I must really suck at gaming because I find the infinity games plenty hard while playing myself.

SCS, imo, strikes a great balance for challenge and fun in BG1 but not so much in BG2. It just owns me in BG2 lol.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    @ScotGaymer Don't be too hard on yourself, the game's been out for 10+ years. It's amazing how good you can get at something if you keep doing it for 10 years :P
  • DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2015
    True. I remember my first playthrough of the old good Baldur's Gate 2 (my first Infinity engine game). God I was so bad :D I had to restart my first game after I got to the De'Arnise fort, cause I wasn't able to win the last fight. After that, when I was creating my second character, I realised I can actually tinker with my stats... My first charracter ever was fighter with strengt 13, 'cause I got no idea how this things works :) And now? Damn, I'm eating Dragons for a breakfast :)

But IWD2 is whole another story. I have the game only for a small amout of time and I'm plaing it for the first time... and the new rules are giving me hell :D
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Ygramul said:

If they did that, it would have taken a lot longer to release the game. Remember they didn't enhance the BGII AI either. First-timers would be put off by the increased difficulty, and sales would suffer. And if it really is bothering you that much, force yourself to play HoF mode.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @dockaboomski - HoF doesn't count... for reasons. Didn't you see? lol.
  • DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    Hah, remember my previous post, where I said how I'm getting kicked in the butt by the rules? Well, right now I am studying some guides and I'm terrified how much has chanced between 2e and 3e and how horrible party choices I made :D Looks like it's time for a re-roll :D
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Ygramul said:

Everyone has their conception of what Beamdog had to do. I feel difficulty is fine and I personally wish they put more effort on the UI instead. But the point is, it's basically the same game but multi-platform, multi-player, with lots of bugs cleaned up and BG2 classes thrown in there. I'm afraid any significant gameplay changes will have to come through mods.