Skip to content

I can't seem to enter Cheats in Baldurs gate 2 Enhanced Edition ( Shadow of Amn )

NigayNigay Member Posts: 7
I've put the phrase 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', in and I can obviously open the console. However,when I try to enter a cheat [ Example : CLUAConsole:CreateItem("bow14") ] I don't receive the item.
( After Entering, this appears :
Debugdump: CGamearea )

Am I doing something wrong ?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Hmmm... your code is correct, I just copy-pasted it into my game and it created the Tuigan Bow.

Have you tested other console commands like ctrl+j for teleport or ctrl+y for kill?
  • NigayNigay Member Posts: 7
    Heindrich said:

Hmmm... your code is correct, I just copy-pasted it into my game and it created the Tuigan Bow.

Have you tested other console commands like ctrl+j for teleport or ctrl+y for kill?

I just tested it and they worked just fine. Huh,I'm confused.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Hmm... I'm kinda stumped then. My only idea is that if you messed around with Near Infinity or lots of mods, perhaps item tags got jumbled up? I had a few minor issues whilst playing around with item names and such, and fixed it by re-installing the game.

I'm sure somebody more experienced might offer a more insightful answer. :smile:
    Mh,No not really ;o I have no Mods installed.
    Thanks for trying to help ,though ;b
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    That debug dump stuff happens when you press Ctrl+M and then Enter.

Do you have any other languages enabled on your computer?
    Jalily said:

That debug dump stuff happens when you press Ctrl+M and then Enter.

Do you have any other languages enabled on your computer?

Yes, German.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited March 2015
    There is another thread dealing with a non-working console due to language settings: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/40232/console-simply-does-not-work-bg2ee#latest

Not sure if your problem is related, but maybe it helps.
  • L3gk6L3gk6 Member Posts: 6
    I can't use the cheats in the beta patch and I did put in program options, debug mode' 1. Also I can use them in the non beta patch version of this game.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    It seems the beta patch (2.0.x) is not using Baldur.ini anymore for the purpose of tweaking the game. However you can use the code in the Baldur.lua file. Just make sure you follow the pattern to enter the data in this new file. Use the other lines in that file for an example how to write things.
    Also the check the "Road to ..." forum and the "How to report bugs" for another example.