Skip to content

A new party

TurboTTTurboTT Member Posts: 15
A little tierd of creating OP party so I created a weak party for Icewind Dale. In the "House role" I was allowed to choose classes but only the weakest possibility, so in Ranger beast master and so on. Race was random for the choosen class, so ranger have the possibility of human/half-elf/elf, used random calcultating for choosing races (1-3). All stats was accepted without reroll or changing the stats.

I am trying to complete this in the hardest possilble difficulty, with random HP gain on level.

Party:

Human (Paladin): STR: 14 DEC: 11 CON: 10 INT: 9 WIS: 14 CHAR: 18

Half elf (Ranger-Beast Master): STR: 16 DEC: 14 CON: 17 INT: 12 WIS: 14 CHAR: 13

Halfling (Cleric): STR: 11 DEC: 15 CON: 17 INT: 13 WIS: 11 CHAR: 13

Human Druid: STR: 12 DEC: 16 CON: 12 INT: 14 WIS: 17 CHAR: 15

Half-Elf (Barde-Jester): STR: 10 DEC: 16 CON: 9 INT: 14 WIS: 15 CHAR: 16

Gnome (Mage-illusinist): STR: 13 DEC: 16 CON: 11 INT: 15 WIS: 9 CHAR: 11

Luckely for me the CON stat was relativ high for almost all characters, however low on the Paladdin. The worst stat for me is the INT for the mage.

Post edited by TurboTT on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Ohh... Highest STR in the party: 16. Highest DEX in the party: 16. Highest CON in the party: 17.

Good luck on beating IWDEE with your party! I greatly respect one someone plays non min-maxed characters. Without a thief, it would be even more interesting.

I can advice to use summons a lot: your cleric, druid and illusionist will help here. Also, spells like different emotions and Slow, as well as the Confusion from your Bard song, will be very useful.
  • TurboTTTurboTT Member Posts: 15
    STR is not a problem with so many enchanted STR spells, just need to be high enough of level on caster to cast them.

I thought about getting a thief but I wanted a bard instead, havnt played a bard in so long time.

The bard doesnt have high enough STR for Long bow so I use constant song on him, cant wait for him to get level 1 magic. Il try to use every magic that helps me, sleep is a very good spell on low level units.
  • JurisJuris Member Posts: 113
    edited March 2015
    I had a lot of fun with a no-reload non min-max party - I wasn't as harsh as you though since IWD is a long game and it was no-reload :)
    I just rolled a bunch of times but didn't use the + or - button. Nobody had exceptional strength, only one character had a Con bonus - the Fi/Ma's highest stat was Wis lol

Suddenly those 'useless' St 18 potions are pretty good. Potions of Con 18 are awesome. Potions of Genius and Mind Focusing actually let your mages learn spells (those red potions are no longer junk either). The Strength spell goes from being redundant to mandatory.

The thing that saved me was the skald - you don't need stats as a skald and the buff really made up for the loss of power. It's almost like the game was designed for a 'normal' party - hmm ;)
  • TurboTTTurboTT Member Posts: 15
    edited March 2015
    thats good advice, perhaps il use potions instead of selling them :p

A good made party is very good, however I think il like this challenge. Most people here meta-game and so do I, but this time il try to have normal party.