Skip to content

Improve game speed

Is it possible to improve speed in game? 60 FPS works almost like 30, such an annoying thing. Does exist here a hidden option: game speed? ;)

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    There is an option in the .ini: 'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate', '30',
    I assume that changing the 30 to something higher might help.
  • wowokowalwowokowal Member Posts: 7
    The problem is, that it looks like this game cant have more than 30 FPS. If i set 60 or 45 or 39 its the same like with 30, but if i set 10, its slow like hell(it means FPS's change works)... I remember in normal BG 2 it was helpin and the game became faster. I'm just wondering if its a way to improve speed
    up
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Hmm... I was unaware of any maximum number that could be entered for the 'Maximum Frame Rate', and I certainly doubt such a number would be 30. I just tested setting this number to 60 and it appears to have worked... It made stuff go faster. I am unsure what could be wrong for you... Maybe check for syntax errors? I suppose it could be possible that your computer can't handle more than a certain number of FPS too. It may help if you provided your computer specs.

Ultimately I really have very little knowledge in this area as this stuff is a bit over my head. Perhaps a high level developer like @Dee would know more, but I am not sure...
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    I honestly just 'Ctrl-F'ed the .ini for Frame Rate. I had no prior knowledge either.
    It's a mystery!
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I have the same issue with the EE games. It doesn't seem to matter whether my frame rate is 30 or 60, as it still lags on my laptop (which is above the minimum specs).

In the original BG/BG2/IWD games, you could go into the Microsoft Compatibility Manager and "force direct draw emulation," which would make the game run perfectly smooth at 60 FPS even during AoE-heavy battles. It doesn't work with the EE games, unfortunately.
    I bought my notebook a month ago, it has pretty nice stuff so its impossible not to have 60 fps in EE :) btw in Baldurs Gate I EE i got the same issue. @Tresset is your BG working so fast like in this video ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQjJvX8WQnc