Skip to content

Time stopping bosses

Did BG2EE implement bosses such as Abazagail and Balthazar to be immune to timestop or was it always the case?

I know ascension made the five immune to time stop but my recollection was only Melissan and Demogorgon were immune to time stop in original BG2.

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I believe Balthazar has always been immune to Timestop, but Abazigal's immunity is new as of the latest patch.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Naw... They were always immune to Timestop. Abazigal is only immune in his dragon form though.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    And Balthazar is only immune to Timestop if he uses Lunar Stance... Which makes him immune for 5 rounds.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Ascension does not make the five immune to timestop. Big M, Demogorgon and Ravager are always immune to ts. Balthazar is immune only when he uses his stance named after me for some reason, you can catch him off-guard in a time stop. Abazigal's dragon form has been made immune by the latest ee patch.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    lunar said:

Abazigal's dragon form has been made immune by the latest ee patch.

I don't feel that strongly about it either way, but does anyone know why that change was made? Was it to correct a legacy bug or did they do it for balancing reasons?
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Heindrich said:

lunar said:

Abazigal's dragon form has been made immune by the latest ee patch.

I don't feel that strongly about it either way, but does anyone know why that change was made? Was it to correct a legacy bug or did they do it for balancing reasons?
    I dunno, maybe to make him among the numerous dragons in bg2? A dragon immune to ts is very unique and can be dangerous. Because at that point, dragon killing is made simple with timestop+improved alacriy+debuff/lower resist and empty all offensive spells tactic.